Panavia Tornado Wake

Avimimus

Now that we have confirmation that no one will be allowed to build it (at least, unless the armed forces of Italy or Germany intervene or some other incredibly unlikely scenario)...

I thought it would be good to focus our mourning in one place. Celebrate the plane... and get over not getting it. 🙂

• Like 1

• ED Team

Dear all,

It seems that something may have been lost in translation. While we (Eagle Dynamics) have no plans for the Tornado, it is not off the table for a talented and qualified 3rd party.

As a huge fan of Digital Integration's Tornado, I'd personally love to see this aircraft in DCS someday.

Kind regards,

Wags

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Wags said:

Dear all,

It seems that something may have been lost in translation. While we (Eagle Dynamics) have no plans for the Tornado, it is not off the table for a talented and qualified 3rd party.

As a huge fan of Digital Integration's Tornado, I'd personally love to see this aircraft in DCS someday.

Kind regards,

Wags

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, Wags said:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

Thank you, you saved the day for me. Now come on HB or True Grit, make Wags (and the rest of the community) happy :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, Wags said:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

Well that is quite the Christmas present! 🙂 Just to know it is still something we can dare to dream about as a possibility!

Thank you sir!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:33 PM, Wags said:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

Thanks for clarifying that. BTW with that in mind, I am extremely confident that we will fly the "Klappdrache" one day in DCS, simply because of this:

https://adamsgroup.de/sit/

I guess it's pretty much likely that True Grit will pick up the Tornado as their next module after delivering the Eurofighter - having the needed connections to the GAF with that VR training simulator right there already.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

12 hours ago, Eldur said:

I guess it's pretty much likely that True Grit will pick up the Tornado as their next module after delivering the Eurofighter - having the needed connections to the GAF with that VR training simulator right there already.

That will be way into the future, as TG will be busy with the EF for several years. I doubt no one else will have taken on the Tornado by then.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

12 hours ago, kam said:

For those who speak German, this is the original article with some more details: https://www.bundeswehr.de/de/organisation/luftwaffe/aktuelles/verlaengerte-lebenszeit-tornado-hebt-wieder-ab-5029012

The Background behind this live extension is, that our government and parliament can't decide on a replacement aircraft (Super Hornet), because some want to retain the nuclear strike capability that the Tornado offers and others want to get rid of the evil nukes. That means the Tornado needs to keep flying for while.

More background information on this can be found here:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32768/nukes-drive-germanys-plan-to-replace-tornados-with-typhoons-super-hornets-and-growlers

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-germany-betting-its-future-fa-18f-super-hornet-151841

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 2/12/2021 at 2:57 PM, Dang3r said:

Good ol' times...

T2.png

Self pic? I’ve seen those helmets before, GAF / Marineflieger?

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, Pilot Ike said:

Thank you, you saved the day for me. Now come on HB or True Grit, make Wags (and the rest of the community) happy :thumbup:

With with relatives of the German armed forces (Bundeswehr), I would bet on TrueGrit to bring on the Tornado to DCS.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, VTJS17_Fire said:

With with relatives of the German armed forces (Bundeswehr), I would bet on TrueGrit to bring on the Tornado to DCS.

For now they're focused on the Typhoon, so even if they will thats still a lot of time until then.