Quest 2, Can't get DCS into VR wirelessly...

rstandi

Hi,

Can anyone help me get my DCS running on the quest 2 in VR.  With my Rift S, I just started it and it opened oculus and played.  I think I have the VR stream working correctly, but no vr it's 2 d.  It's trying to open a steam version for some reason.  Never had one loaded....

Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Rod

Edited by rstandi

I fly with a Quest2 wireless.

You need to have Virtual Desktop sideloaded on the quest 2. Then you need to load virtual desktop streamer on the pc. Then you launch DCS through streamer by launching the executable for DCS, not the DCSA launcher

For the best experience, a wifi6 router makes a big difference

Edited by Sonomaa
  • Like 1

I fly with a Quest2 wireless.

You need to have Virtual Desktop sideloaded on the quest 2. Then you need to load virtual desktop streamer on the pc. Then you launch DCS through streamer by launching the executable for DCS, not the DCSA launcher
For the best experience, a wifi6 router makes a big difference

How to launch it from the streamer?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Do you need the Steam version of DCS for this to work?

I ask, 'cos when I try to launch from the streamer it wants to install the steam version. I have the non-Steam version of DCS.

Edited by Lensman

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Do you need the Steam version of DCS for this to work?
I ask, 'cos when I try to launch from the streamer it wants to install the steam version. I have the non-Steam version of DCS.

Usually not needed...
but I don’t see anything that can launch apps from the streamer application on the desktop

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

26 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

Usually not needed...
but I don’t see anything that can launch apps from the streamer application on the desktop

With the streamer app running on your desktop and while you are viewing the desktop in your Quest, press the menu button on your left hand controller. A new window will open and there is an option to view available games. There is also an option to start Steam VR. This is what I tried and DCS appeared as an available game, but it wants to install the Steam version.

Windows 10 Professional

Yeah ok..that is what I already tried but dcs is not listed in the games (and yes I added it on steam as a custom game)

Right click on streamer in the app tray, select the launch game option. This should open a file window. Then navigate to your DCS install location and launch the DCS executable.  

You dont need the Steam version. I play standalone. But if you have the steam version, then you launch through steam VR.

Edited by Sonomaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sonomaa said:

Right click on streamer in the app tray, select the launch game option. This should open a file window. Then navigate to your DCS install location and launch the DCS executable.  

You dont need the Steam version. I play standalone. But if you have the steam version, then you launch through steam VR.

Cheers, I'll give it a try later. Just waiting for the latest DCS update to finish. 🙂

Windows 10 Professional

Great thanks....
Will try as I can.
I didn’t found this option before

That worked, thank you!

Running DCS executable (not updater) from 'launch game' of streamer app task bar icon did the trick 🙂

Windows 10 Professional

Solved............

Edited by PhilTheBeat

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip. It works not only out of steam but you can close Oculus app too. nice!

Worth mentioning. Right click on that icon in tray WHEN CONNECTED IN QUEST TO THE VD! Otherwise is grayed out. 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2020 at 2:15 AM, Sonomaa said:

You absolute legend - I got my Quest at the weekend and got a KIWI Link Cable but it doesn't work at all so I have been trying to get DCS to work in wireless VR using Virtual Desktop, I didn't know about the "Launch Game" feature in the toolbar app and it has worked perfectly first time. So many many thanks for sharing this info, I'm off to get immersed in the Huey 😜

Hi,

My first post here. So i'm running Steam version of DCS and having issues starting it on my Quest 2. I'm launching Virtual Desktop and streamer app on PC. From that point doesnt matter what i do:

• launch trough streamer app
  • launch trough Virtual Dekstop app on VR
  • launch by clisking the icon on the desktop

Result is same - game is launching steam, then steam VR and then running flat on monitor. On the quest i can only see ... well nothing, like this SteamVR environment, with arrow on the ground, nothing else. Help please.

I use VD on my OQ2 too. I start it by starting SteamVR first and then launch DCS from the "Library" section.

• Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, Sonomaa said:

You have made my DCS world go 'round. You are a true scholar.  Thank you!