Hornet module's "detailed carrier"?

Nikwax74

Hello there!

In the Hornet's module page there is this section:

Being an aircraft carrier capable aircraft, our Hornet also comes with the most detailed aircraft carrier ever created for a PC game. Catapult from the "boat", strike a large assortment of targets that only DCS World can offer, then "call the ball" and land on the carrier. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet in DCS World provides the most rich and authentic digital combat aviation you will ever experience!

Is this a new "updated" carrier which comes with the Hornet? The Supercarrier? Or just the same stuff that has been there before?

I tried it in the Mission Editor but all I have are the same, low res, blurry texture carriers, which are hardly "the most detailed" ever...

Thanks!

-

The Stennis carrier launched with the release of the Hornet, that's what the description is talking about. Though, it released free for everyone in DCS World, not as an exclusive to the Hornet module. Before that we had the Carl Vinson, which does not look so good, not that it mattered much as no player aircraft could use it at the time. 

But, since the Super Carrier release, the Stennis isn't the most detailed carrier anymore. That part of the description should get changed. 

• Like 1

Historically, the Super Carrier module was chalked in as part of the Hornet package.   This was later changed because it became a much bigger project with additional features incorporated, so ED changed it to a stand alone module, and compensated Hornet purchasers with a substantial discount when purchasing the Super Carrier.

Clearly the marketing info hasn't been updated to reflect that change, which is a problem.

• ED Team

Hi all

The supercarrier was never planned as part of the Hornet.

The Nimitz class carrier which was added was an improvement on the old Carl Vinson but was never meant to be the same level as the super carrier. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2