[MISSING TRACK FILE] Normal alignment - DL not working

SantaKing

When aligning with "Normal Align" to either value 10 or 6, Data Link is not working after setting NAV mode.

If i turn INS knob to off, and back to Stored Align, still in the same flight. DataLink works in NAV mode when its finished.

If i then go from NAV mode to Normal alignment, it starts from value 10, and align to 6, and then DataLink work in NAV mode.

MIDS is set to ON

XMT is set to L16

IFF master is set to Norm.

I've tried this in multiple "slots" of Vipers, in multiplayer. Same result.

I am also sure im not moving, rearming or doing anything to ruin the alignment procedure.

INS align coordinates and SALT is confirmed. ALIGN flashing in hud when align is ready, then selecting NAV mode.

Just to make sure, here is dropbox link to Track file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuxaldmtoxl5e2l/CASCAP_SYRIA_DAY_1.5-20201220-153237.trk?dl=0

Edited by SantaKing
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SantaKing said:

When aligning with "Normal Align" to either value 10 or 6, Data Link is not working after setting NAV mode.

If i turn INS knob to off, and back to Stored Align, still in the same flight. DataLink works in NAV mode when its finished.

If i then go from NAV mode to Normal alignment, it starts from value 10, and align to 6, and then DataLink work in NAV mode.

MIDS is set to ON

XMT is set to L16

I am also sure im not moving, rearming or doing anything to ruin the alignment procedure.

Did you at least confirm the INS alignment coordinates and SALT?

1 hour ago, SpaceMonkey037 said:

Did you at least confirm the INS alignment coordinates and SALT?

Forgot to specify that, but yes. I did confirm that.

24 minutes ago, Florence201 said:

Confirm as above and wait until you get a flashing ALIGN in the HUD before selecting NAV mode, when doing a Normal Align.

Check, thats normal procedure. But forgot to specify that in the text. My bad. Have done that now.

• Wags changed the title to [MISSING TRACK FILE] Normal alignment - DL not working
20 hours ago, SantaKing said:

MIDS is set to ON

XMT is set to L16

INS align coordinates and SALT is confirmed. ALIGN flashing in hud when align is ready, then selecting NAV mode.

Setting XMT on HSD is not necessary, as this is a rotary that selects to what datalink "network" you will Transmit for example A-A info or A-G info, setting it to L16 will mean that you'll send your data over Link-16 network. This isn't modelled yet so no use in it at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuxaldmtoxl5e2l/CASCAP_SYRIA_DAY_1.5-20201220-153237.trk?dl=0

Here is a dropbox link with the track file. Was to big (30MB) to upload here.

My procedure for alignment was: Check and confirm coordinates for alignment is correct, start Normal alignment, wait for precise alignment, value = 6. Select NAV mode, turn on MIDS,

despite Saladino's post, XMT to L16, IFF to Norm. DataLink not working.

Same flight, not respawning, just still in the pit. Turn OFF NAV data, Use stored heading alignment, wait for aligning value 10. Select NAV, DataLink is now working.

Again same flight, Switch to Normal alignment from NAV, wait for aligning from value = 10 to value = 6. Select NAV, DataLink is working

Edited by SantaKing

3 hours ago, SantaKing said:

Here is a dropbox link with the track file. Was to big (30MB) to upload here.

My procedure for alignment was: Check and confirm coordinates for alignment is correct, start Normal alignment, wait for precise alignment, value = 6. Select NAV mode, turn on MIDS,

despite Saladino's post, XMT to L16, IFF to Norm. DataLink not working.

Same flight, not respawning, just still in the pit. Turn OFF NAV data, Use stored heading alignment, wait for aligning value 10. Select NAV, DataLink is now working.

Again same flight, Switch to Normal alignment from NAV, wait for aligning from value = 10 to value = 6. Select NAV, DataLink is working

The best way to ensure the INS is aligned, is to wait for FLASHING ALIGN in the HUD. Don't worry what the values are in the INS page. In fact, I've seen cases that if you sit and watch the INS DED, the system doesn't in fact align correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

INS should have nothing to do with disappearing symbols on the datalink.

But yes it IS broken. We fly every week with friends and we ALWAYS have some problem with datalink. Sometimes DL works for all of us, then after 5 minutes nothing works, another 7 minutes and some people's DL works. This is bugged since it was introduced...

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]