How can I turn off Gunners seat weapon following VR head movement,

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, is there anyway I can turn off the Weapon in the gunners seat following my head movement while using a VR headset.     

I would like to be able to look about and ONLY move the gun with the mouse or joystick.   The weapon appears connected to my nose, and is rather disconcerting. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I think there is a key command that allows you to stop using the gun pod while using trackir, could probably be the same key combination.  For the life of me, I cant remember what it was because I couldnt ever use the guns in trackir accurately anyways.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

32 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

I think there is a key command that allows you to stop using the gun pod while using trackir, could probably be the same key combination.  For the life of me, I cant remember what it was because I couldnt ever use the guns in trackir accurately anyways.

I believe that was just the 'pause' TrackIR key what ever you had that bound to.

+1 for VR head tracking not moving the gun around.

All weapons should be by default aimed by controller/mouse, and only activated with head tracking by toggle/shift button.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

YES!

please decouple the player view from the doorgun in VR!

and hopefully joystick mappings for the doorgun traversal will come soon.

today i just tried out the doorgunner role for the first time with the new patch..  not bad, just need proper VR support. i will say that the outside model has much improved from when i did the door gun in older patches. theres no missing polygon/textures. i remembering being in the gazelle doorgun.. and once you look past out the cockpit on the gazelle, there gaping holes and see thru poly model... very unfinished. but the huey looks great even from the outside as a doorgunner... just now have to decouple the player view from the gun, and its a step in the right direction for VR...

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

8 hours ago, Cowboy10uk said:

Hi guys, is there anyway I can turn off the Weapon in the gunners seat following my head movement while using a VR headset.     

I would like to be able to look about and ONLY move the gun with the mouse or joystick.   The weapon appears connected to my nose, and is rather disconcerting. 

I call this "gun face"...

13 hours ago, HipoxiK said:

I believe that was just the 'pause' TrackIR key what ever you had that bound to.

+1 for VR head tracking not moving the gun around.

No, you were still able to use your head. It disabled the guns and brought it to where you use your mouse instead.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

22 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

No, you were still able to use your head. It disabled the guns and brought it to where you use your mouse instead.

but the thing is, we do not want the guns disabled. 

We want to use the doorgun, but with the player view is independent of the doorgun in VR. the trackIR users dont have a problem..its VR hmd users that cant separate their view from the doorgun

• Like 1

Let me be clearer; I just said it allows you to use your mouse instead of trackir. You would use your mouse to fire and aim the guns while using TIR or VR to aim. Ill look for it in settings, its always been there.

And that control is Rshift + T. Disables TrackIR aiming, and you would use your mouse instead of trackIR.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

5 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Let me be clearer; I just said it allows you to use your mouse instead of trackir. You would use your mouse to fire and aim the guns while using TIR or VR to aim. Ill look for it in settings, its always been there.

And that control is Rshift + T. Disables TrackIR aiming, and you would use your mouse instead of trackIR.

I got excited for this post..

but again, this Rshift + T is only for TrackIR.

I tried in VR (not TrackIR) and the Rshift + T doesnt do anything, neither RAlt T, or RCtrl T...

Thanks anyway!

owe well.. hoping for better doorgunner VR support..

Ok, thought I would mention it. Alternatively, you can just stow the flex sight and be able to look around, and I know this is kind of pointless but you can uninstall the guns in the gunner positions and still use the seat for transport. I guess what y'all are asking for is a key command to stow the guns or move them separately?

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

6 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Ok, thought I would mention it. Alternatively, you can just stow the flex sight and be able to look around, and I know this is kind of pointless but you can uninstall the guns in the gunner positions and still use the seat for transport. I guess what y'all are asking for is a key command to stow the guns or move them separately?

NO. we WANT to look independently from from the doorgun. in VR, the player view is permanently locked down the barrel of the doorgun. it means we can not look opposite from the where the doorgun is aiming. basically u have a doorgun plaster on your face, where ever you turn your head, the gun will point with the direction of your head.

I agree with this topic, but the head following the gun is a larger problem than the gun following the head. I have made a VR mod which may be a suitable workaround for those who play in singleplayer or on private servers (I have not tested it against integrity check, but I'm guessing it will not pass). see here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313969/ The gun still aims where you look, but your head is no longer attached to the gun.

Hopefully in the future, ED will update Huey to improve VR support for the gunner positions. Independent aiming with the mouse or especially with motion controllers would be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/22/2020 at 12:54 AM, VincentLaw said:

I agree with this topic, but the head following the gun is a larger problem than the gun following the head. I have made a VR mod which may be a suitable workaround for those who play in singleplayer or on private servers (I have not tested it against integrity check, but I'm guessing it will not pass). see here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313969/ The gun still aims where you look, but your head is no longer attached to the gun.

Hopefully in the future, ED will update Huey to improve VR support for the gunner positions. Independent aiming with the mouse or especially with motion controllers would be nice.

Yes, independent aiming, with mouse, motion controllers and joysticks!! more options the better!

5 hours ago, MatveyTsivinyuk said:

Will be fixed in the next update.

Wow now that is fast work.

Thankyou for listening to us.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

6 hours ago, MatveyTsivinyuk said:

Will be fixed in the next update.

Fantastic!  Just got into the Huey after the multi crew support was launched but this issue kind of killed the enjoyment for me. Glad to hear a fix is on the way. Thanks ED. 

• Like 1