Spitfire VR hands control stick grip non functional

Pelham 123

Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes a reported issue normally take to rectify? After an update in July the Spitfire VR hands control stick grip became non functional. I reported this to ED and they confirmed this was problem and I've been waiting ever since.

I like using the VR hands it works so well on Oculus Quest via Steam and would buy more modules but I'm reluctant because of this.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried the Spitfire in VR and was very disappointed to find that the control stick didn't work.  I have a similar problem with the A10C.  It did work fine but operates wrong now.  I hope that the time since the problem with the Spitfire getting fixed isn't a sign of how long fixes take if ever fixed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, Pelham 123 said:

Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes a reported issue normally take to rectify? After an update in July the Spitfire VR hands control stick grip became non functional. I reported this to ED and they confirmed this was problem and I've been waiting ever since.

I like using the VR hands it works so well on Oculus Quest via Steam and would buy more modules but I'm reluctant because of this.

Nobody really comes here and talks about the VR controllers as peripherals, its kind of a new deal for the forum.
6 Months ago, people would literally spit at you, if you told them you flew without a HOTAS.
Despite the actual numbers-

Try sending a PM over to a moderator.

Long term, You dont need to worry, ED have made significant improvements with the VR controllers in the last 6 months. The F-16 has come leaps and bounds in that time, and its completely changed as an aircraft.
A patch is more than likely coming in the 2.7 update, But id still send a PM over just in case..

On 1/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, Nafyad2 said:

I just tried the Spitfire in VR and was very disappointed to find that the control stick didn't work.  I have a similar problem with the A10C.  It did work fine but operates wrong now.  I hope that the time since the problem with the Spitfire getting fixed isn't a sign of how long fixes take if ever fixed.

Does the throttle work? Usually, if the throttle works, the Stick follows, and vice versa ie the P47. Thats what happened in the F-16.

This is a brand new thing for ED, bare in mind, they dont really know how much influence VTOL VR has made on the sim.
I fly with 12 others- 9 of which came over from VTOL VR.
With time itll be okay, but its gonna take a while for the 'VR controllers' to be implemented.

Im still waiting for the 3rd Party modules to catch up.
I think if they realised that having the Harrier 'Touch Control' enabled, they'd actually win a large portion of players from VTOL VR, they'd probably be in a bigger rush to 'make it happen' if they knew but right now, everyones pushing to get modules out and the new clouds too.