HB, thanks for VF-11 and VF-33 liveries

CanopyJettison

a big thank you also from my side.

Awesome work, @ensamvarg

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

ensamvarg is the livery artist at HB?

Didn't know that.

Very good work so far.

Big Thanks to you, man

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Skysurfer:

Now they'd need to add VF-14, 44 and 31

VF-44 ? I googled it, but cant find anything.

Which squadron is it?

Edited by CanopyJettison

Yes, I agree, @ensamvarg did a really good job on the A liveries and also on most of the B skins.

However there are the Jolly Rogers skins on the B with a mirrored logo on one tail each.

I also created a seperate post in the bug section.

Would it be possible to have a look at it and mirror them correctly?

Thanks

Edited by T-O-A

3 hours ago, T-O-A said:

Yes, I agree, @ensamvarg did a really good job on the A liveries and also on most of the B skins.

However there are the Jolly Rogers skins on the B with a mirrored logo on one tail each.

I also created a seperate post in the bug section.

Would it be possible to have a look at it and mirror them correctly?

Thanks

Fixed! Thank you for the report!

50 minutes ago, Love_Beam said:

@IronMikedo you know if we will be getting a VF-41 skin?

I am sure we will, I think it will come with the 95GR, @ensamvarg will be adding more skins over time also for the 135GR etc. Actually I think it is already done.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I know I asked this several other times, but will there be some more skins for the B to follow? I am not asking for many. Maybe 2 or 3 ?

Thanks for feedback.

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

I am sure we will, I think it will come with the 95GR

By the way, i thought the 95GR will just cover the Iran version ?! Will it have also US liveries?

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

Is there any progress with a solution for dynamic modex?

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Am 21.12.2020 um 21:25 schrieb Moorhuhn:

By the way, i thought the 95GR will just cover the Iran version ?! Will it have also US liveries?

I think he was talking about the 135 (early). It was written in the Enter the A thread, that the 95Gr will be the Iran Version.

Am 21.12.2020 um 23:27 schrieb Uxi:

Is there any progress with a solution for dynamic modex?

would be awesome to get this included in the future.

Am 21.12.2020 um 21:25 schrieb Moorhuhn:

but will there be some more skins for the B to follow? I am not asking for many. Maybe 2 or 3 ?

Any special in mind? Maybe with candy canes? 😉

Hope you get your (positive or negative) feedback soon from HB about more B liveries and the Santa Cat, to find inner peace.

If we get again two new liveries for the late A on next patch it would be cool to get two liveries for the B along them.

two for the A and two for the B, thats fair.

I would love to see some of the missing squadrons, or some of the missing HIViz one to our line birds.

• Thanks 1

I would hope the next step is getting period correct Liveries for the Forestall carriers as they come out. 

Which they did here with 11 and 31 I think? Can't find a picture, but if it's an 80-91 paint job with NK tail codes then it's Forestall. I know the Stennis' 11 and 31 are B and D respectively

SO next is Saratoga's AA tail code VF-74 (A: 84-88 B: 88-92) and VF-103 Sluggers(A: 84-89 B: 89-95)? 

Then Ranger NE tail code VF-1 (80-84 and 86-93)-Including the only desert storm Air to Air kill 103- and VF-2 (80-84 and 86-93), then NG tail code VF-24 (84) and VF-211 (84)

Followed up by Independence  AE Tail code VF-14 (82-85) and VF-32 (82-85), then VF-154 (90-98) and VF-21 (90-95) with NK then NF tail codes. 

Unfortunately extremely unlikely without a dynamic system as that gets quite large fast. The custom skin makers should have you covered if you don't mind 20-30GB in livery. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I really dont get the whole dynamic modex thing people want that much. The nose number isn't the only difference between each airframe. It's usually also the names below the canopy rails and smaller details, such as Buno numbers around the fuselage. Let alone that each squadron has an unique font.

Well I like to fly with a wingman.  The large number on nose and/or tail being the same sticks out more than the fine print you need to zoom in for our go under the fuselage to see... and some of larger livery packs include all 12 planes. 

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

16 hours ago, Uxi said:

Well I like to fly with a wingman.  The large number on nose and/or tail being the same sticks out more than the fine print you need to zoom in for our go under the fuselage to see... and some of larger livery packs include all 12 planes. 

Then get some of the thousands custom liveries which have several modex variants and tell your wingman to do the same?

7 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Then get some of the thousands custom liveries which have several modex variants and tell your wingman to do the same?

I'm already doing that.  Not everyone has my HDD space. Nor is that at all feasible in multiplayer. And outside of the full squadron packs, hardly thousands available, especially in more than a 2 ship.

This is done on Hornet and no reason it fitment be done in at least one Tomcat schema, particularly in the time period of our model era (moreso than early 1970s and 80s hi vis).

Specs & Wishlist:

53 minutes ago, Uxi said:

I'm already doing that.  Not everyone has my HDD space. Nor is that at all feasible in multiplayer. And outside of the full squadron packs, hardly thousands available, especially in more than a 2 ship.

This is done on Hornet and no reason it fitment be done in at least one Tomcat schema, particularly in the time period of our model era (moreso than early 1970s and 80s hi vis).

The Hornet doesnt have the same variety, nor does it have Buno numbers on the jet or pilot names. Different implementation. And outside of squdrons it barely matters as no one online cares how your jet looks. Just my view on this.

1 hour ago, Skysurfer said:

The Hornet doesnt have the same variety, nor does it have Buno numbers on the jet or pilot names. Different implementation. And outside of squdrons it barely matters as no one online cares how your jet looks. Just my view on this.

You said you didn't understand those who care about the dynamic modex.  Already noted that buno and names are not nearly as relevant as the modex, which require much closer scrutiny zoomed in.   

As with carrier name, not really as pertinent since that might vary according to the mission and most players would probably want their own name on there for the planes though flying, though there is a smaller subset that does want complete historical accuracy for specific cruises and missions.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

On 12/26/2020 at 5:31 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

Well, the names on the canopy rail should be dynamic, too. Ideally, they'd be set to your pilot's own name (unless the mission/campaign designer had other ideas). 🙂 

DCS can't do this unfortunately. The Modex numbers that do change are like an odometer where it moves the number texture "position" so the desired number shows through the "window" where the Modex goes. 

Very Primitive. DCS is basically running on one texture layer.