New Keyboard G-15 any good ???

Hi All,

My keyboard took a hit earlier tonight and I'm thinking about getting the G-15 keyboard from Logitech, anyone have any pro's or cons regarding this keyboard ???? or any other good keyboards that you can suggest.

If you can post by 0800 Central Time USA I would appreciate it as I'll be finishing work then and going to the Computer store

Many thanks in advance

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I have been using a G15 for a while now & like it.

Never had an issue.

Pro's:

Looks cool when all lights are out with backlit keys.

Looks cool.....

I find CPU/Ram indicator to be usefull in some applications

There are some LCD programs for various games, not one for Lockon as far as I know. Maybe a teamspeak application out there somewhere.

I have used the extra (G) keys in the past & they are usefull.

Cons:

Has a larger footprint on desk (if you are limited for space)

USB (wont work untill windows loads drivers) so you cant enter bios settup.

USB ports (on keyboard) are USB1 (non powered) so, useless.

I like mine & it always gets commented on by visitors, "Cool keyboard".

Cheers

Rastus

There are some LCD programs for various games, not one for Lockon as far as I know.

If the server supports export you can use this tool for LockOn: LockOn Info G15 V2.0

The new version of the G15 (orange) has a smaller display than the older version (blue). But the display is readable if you don´t use clear type for windows.

Thanks to all who answered, unfortunately I was late leaving work today and it's too late to travel to the store today ( too far to drive ) as I have to be back in work soon, but I do appreciate everyone's comments

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

My friend has a G15 but an older version with foldable LCD, I don't think U'll find a brand new of that type but he has serious problems with some keys. He's a gamer (not a simmer) and is mainly focused on 1st PS games so U'll guess which keys stopped working! It was a 2 years old keyboard, but excessive use might cause key malfunction!

However I find it very interesting as those backlit keys help a lot during late night sessions! Haven't tried nor seen a new G15, though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My friend has a G15 but an older version with foldable LCD, I don't think U'll find a brand new of that type but he has serious problems with some keys. He's a gamer (not a simmer) and is mainly focused on 1st PS games so U'll guess which keys stopped working! It was a 2 years old keyboard, but excessive use might cause key malfunction!

However I find it very interesting as those backlit keys help a lot during late night sessions! Haven't tried nor seen a new G15, though!

I also had the old style G15 with blue LED-lit keyboard. At one point (about 1 year of use), one of the keys did not respond. I called up Logitech Tech Support right away, and they replaced the keyboard without any hassle.

I think the new style is better in that in the dark, it is still pretty difficult to see the blue backlit keys. I think the orange LED will work much better. If I have to buy a new keyboard right now, a G15 is definitely one of the top candidates.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

I also had the old style G15 with blue LED-lit keyboard. At one point (about 1 year of use), one of the keys did not respond. I called up Logitech Tech Support right away, and they replaced the keyboard without any hassle.

I think the new style is better in that in the dark, it is still pretty difficult to see the blue backlit keys. I think the orange LED will work much better. If I have to buy a new keyboard right now, a G15 is definitely one of the top candidates.

You were lucky, my friend's G15 warranty expired few weeks before keys stopped working!

:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]