SU-27 and J-11 slower to regain airspeed after maneuvering..

Blackhawk NC

1 hour ago, stefasaki said:

I did that test with a clean aircraft, meaning that a slighly better result was expected. 

What we really would need is an official acceleration chart...

таких диаграмм пока показать не могу

I7-8700K 4,7Ghz, MSI MPG Z390 Gaming EDGE AC , 32 Gb Ram DDR4 Hyper X, RTX 2080

On 1/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, bies said:

This are FC3 planes, there is lot of simplifications. Still i think they did some great job given they are low fidelity planes for extremally affordable price.

Consider just this one thing:

F-15 had been intentionally designed with requirement to have four semi-recess low-drag fuselage pylons, non-universal (they could carry AIM-7 missile only, and later AMRAAM) but they offered far lower drag increase when carrying a missile - semi-recessed inside the fuselage and within uniform fuselage aerodynamic boundary layer, this missiles had far smaller drag index, especially backward missile being additionally completely shielded by the forward missile.

Weapon drag v1.jpg

Drag index v1.jpg

(Other F-X competitors - North American and Fairchild shown below - also had to include similar solution)

naa-f-15-b1.jpgFairchild F-15.jpg

In DCS if you put the missile i.e AIM-120 on semi-recess low drag fulelage pylon - it doesn't matter.

On forward (YELLOW) or even backward station (GREEN) AIM-120 still has full drag index exactly identical as AIM-120 on normal full drag under wing pylon (RED).

You can test by yourself.

What does it mean? If ED wanted to make F-15C close to real life chart with weapon they had to decrease clean aircraft drag to compensate for excesive weapon drag in semi-recess stations (4 big missiles) which are adding far more drag in DCS than they do IRL.

F-15 Weapon Drag.jpg

In full fidelity i.e. F/A-18C they are adressing such things and drag of the missile on semi-recess fuselage pylon is considerably smaller than under wing pylon. Similar situation with wing-end pylons.

Thay are still tuning this things, there are still some stations to include in different modules as i've noticed testing it from patch to patch but there is definitely work being done.

Just to get the F15 out of the way compared in game to the -1 manual we have.  Below is for a clean aircraft, 75% fuel, 40000ft starting from 250kts indicated.

alNRKOO.png

Well within margin of error

Additionally the video is of very little value as we don't know the air-temperature or pressure.  For example as shown in the 15-1 this can lead to big differences.

image.png

Edited by nighthawk2174
  • Like 1

@nighthawk2174 I think the point they were trying to make about the f-15 was the fact that accurate drag indexes aren't taken into account, nothing to do with the acceleration of a clean F-15C, for which all kinds of charts are available and we are mostly sure that, at least for a standard day, the in-game performance is correct. There are minor errors anyway, but nothing big enough to be game changing like for the flanker. An example is that the F-15C in DCS reaches a maximum Mach number of 2.606 regardless of temperature, and that's not correct, only at very low temperatures it should be possible to reach that speed. On the other side I have a feeling that the Eagle doesn't perform as it should at very low temperatures in DCS, as its acceleration and climbing ability aren't influenced much. But this again is very marginal and the game is accurate enough for the eagle really. The correct drag indexes for the various pylons would be a nice addition though (if they are really wrong in the game).

The problem we are discussing here concerns the acceleration of the su-27, for which no official charts are available. The effect of temperature on acceleration is significant, but it usually is in the order of 15-30 % for every 20 °C of difference (when not close to the maximum speed in that particular condition). The discrepancy we have here at mach 1.1-1.3 is in the order of 150%. An error is clearly present. The video is just there to prove that something is wrong indeed, it's not meant to provide data to be used in modeling. 

Edited by stefasaki
  • Like 2

Failure is not an option ~ NASA

On 2/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, stefasaki said:

...The video is just there to prove that something is wrong indeed, it's not meant to provide data to be used in modeling. 

Can't the developers at least match this part from the video? I mean, it's better then nothing. I agree it's little to go from, but it would bring us one step closer to proper flight performance. Or am I wrong?

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

They don't need to match the video, they need to review that part of the envelope.  ED has data for the Su-27, they didn't create the FM by guessing.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Can we have ED look at air temp effects on engine thrust for some of the F types?

F16 doesn't suffer at all from warm weather, while the effects on Redfor AC is like driving a loaded truck vs a sports car.

Or maybe the idea here is that Russians made planes for the winter only?

Отправлено с моего STV100-2 через Tapatalk

• Like 2

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

On 05.02.2021 at 23:55, GGTharos said:

Им не нужно сопоставлять видео, им нужно просмотреть эту часть конверта. У ЭД есть данные по Су-27, они не строили ЧМ наугад.

Модель настроена на угад, даже близко нет что может реальный самолет

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 2/7/2021 at 12:22 AM, BBCRF said:

Модель настроена на угад, даже близко нет что может реальный самолет

Prove please your words or they  are cheap noise.

• Like 2

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo said:

Подтвердите пожалуйста свои слова или они дешевый шум.

Маневренные характеристики, разгонные, завышенный вес, глохнущие движки в перевороте дальше продолжать?

• Like 3

• ED Team
18 hours ago, BBCRF said:

Маневренные характеристики, разгонные, завышенный вес, глохнущие движки в перевороте дальше продолжать?

It's only a set of empty words, not an evidence. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

2 minutes ago, Yo-Yo said:

Это всего лишь набор пустых слов, а не очевидное. Смешной.

Для Су-27 тоже самое

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, GGTharos said:

They don't need to match the video, they need to review that part of the envelope.  ED has data for the Su-27, they didn't create the FM by guessing.

Its been a while I think ED should review both F-15 Pylon drag (seems to be an over all DCS issues those pylons) and this issue with the Flanker

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork
  • Like 2

SInce last update I noticed shaking of J-11A, flying straight in line at 400-800km/h at low speed.

No such shake before, but I would need to confirm by removing some axis mappings (to rule out shaking due to zooming)

Also note there were some texture changes we did not read in log about...

Edited by okopanja

I can confirm, there is a new slight cockpit shake effect in the Flanker this patch

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

People are noting the shaking in a number of aircraft after this patch. So I suspect that it’s not limited to only one or two.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.