Door gunners not accessible

Mav

Just as the title states, after the latest OB update, I can no longer use the door gunners on the huey. I'm not able to switch to the positions or even open the doors. Pressing Alt+3/4 freezes the gunners as if they were GOING to open the doors but ultimately nothing happens. I have tried deleting the input folder in saved games but no luck. Any ideas?

Edited by Mav

In several missions? Your own or others?
There is a setting for the Huey in Mission Editor that tells if the aircraft is intended for Single Player. I think it's called something like "Single Pilot" or the like and can be found in one of the tabs in the lower right when a Huey are selected. Don't remember exactly where but it's a checkbox. I just found out about it myself, so I can't guarantee it has anything to do with your issue.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yes, that's it, solo flight. Thanks.
Do you have any MODs installed?
I learned about this setting from similar posts, but strangely it wasn't there for me. After some investigation I found the issue being Upuaut's "Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo" MOD found her:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/103564-addon-tents-watchtower-uh-1-cargo/page/37/
My post on that page 37, dated November 28th (second to last as of today), describes my issue in more detail and how to fix it.
Not saying it's the same issue you have...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Ok I think I've replicated your issue.

I placed down 2 Hueys, each with 2 door gunners.  One was set to 'solo flight' (so multiplayer incapable) and one was not set to solo flight (multi-crew).

I loaded the mission in single player.

• Solo flight - I was glued to the pilot seat.  Unable to occupy any other seat
  • Multi-crew - I was able to switch between all 4 seats

I next loaded the mission on my server and connected via multiplayer.

• Solo flight - I was glued to the pilot seat.  Unable to occupy any other seat
  • Multi-crew - I was glued to the pilot seat.  Unable to occupy any other seat

So the behaviour seems different depending on whether you're in multiplayer or not.  I actually expected to be able to switch seats in solo-flight mode on single player, based on the assumption that this mode is more like pre-multicrew Huey.  Perhaps not.

I guess we need a dev to state what the expected behaviour is, and whether there's a bug.

Well, the 'solo flight' option in other modules so far meant that no second pilot is supposed to be on board at all, so it is a bit consistent in that regard.

What is a little disappointing is that - after years of development on the ostensibly big challenges of having multi crew in the Huey the implementation - while generally appreciated and lending itself to some fun - is exactly what quite a few people have dreaded for years: making it impossible to make full use of the module by oneself. The previous two or three OB versions had apparently introduced some part of the code in preparation already, because it has been impossible to switch to the copilot seat in multiplayer already, albeit the door gunners still worked.

So I figured it out sorry for the late reply. I had a modified UH-1 entry in helicopterconst.lua which didn't have the entry lines for the gunners only pilot and co pilot. Replaced that and everything works now. 

• 2 weeks later...