Rudder Pedal Opinions

I took another look at Virpil's rudders after reading zhukov032186's post. Damn if that isn't the perfect solution. Don't mount the bottom half of the pedal and and raise the brake pivot point by mounting it on a block of wood and it's perfect. Today's conversion is $366.00 though. I'll get them but I'll have to wait for a better conversion rate. 

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

• 1 month later...

Updating on this old topic: So my TPR pedals took a long time to get here. They were out of stock, but Amazon honored their pricing error and eventually got them to me as soon as they were in stock again.  I think they had listed them at the wholesale price.

Anyway, I am really glad I got them.  Nothing lasts forever and tech always marches on, so I figure if they last 3 to 5 years, they were well worth it. They seem solid so I suspect they will last much longer. Plus, I am gentle on equipment. I've never broken even a cheap HOTAS and my old X52 still works great, though I updated last year to a Warthog HOTAS.

Anyway the TPR is awesome. Feels more like the actual rudder setup of the small planes I've been in.  Extremely precise.  With my old pedals, operating rudder (or tail rotor) used to feel like something I had to do. Now it is just part of flying, feels far more natural and is enjoyable.  I am very happy with the TPR pedals.

Got mine January gone and I must say I do like them.

My last Rudder system was a Logitech G Pro, had them for years never really noticed the Clacking and Clanging...until I got me the TPR now total silence and smooth operation,

Everyone will have their own view and favourites but I am happy with mine.

Happy hunting.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I'm very happy with my crosswind pedals, but I'd like to try a little experiment and use the toe brakes as the rudder (more like the VKB rudder). Is this possible?

I tried setting both brakes as rudder under controls, but that just doesn't work properly. Each brake just covers the whole range of the rudder, so depressing the brake is full left rudder, releasing it, full right rudder.

I'm generally a fan of VKB and I love my Gunfighter joystick, but I really regret buying their T-rudder pedals. The lack of real toe brakes has been a much bigger problem for me than reviews led me to believe. I'm saving up for the Thrustmaster TPR now.

2 hours ago, KWard said:

I'm generally a fan of VKB and I love my Gunfighter joystick, but I really regret buying their T-rudder pedals. The lack of real toe brakes has been a much bigger problem for me than reviews led me to believe. I'm saving up for the Thrustmaster TPR now.

Remember its a tall beast if it's going under your desk check the height.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

• 3 weeks later...

I was pretty fond of my T-Rudders but could not resist when Slaw told me RX Viper v2 were ready.  Pricey but very very worth it.  I was using a button on my throttle.  The Slaw must be secured,  which took a couple days (I bought a melamine board and cut some holes for my chair casters and bolted the Slaws to it. In the meantime went back Ti the T-rudder.  Amazed at their effortless precision. 

Slaws are just a precise but needs much more effort especially with the damper installed at full deflection.  

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2