AGM65E in the F18

WesterlySix

So attempting to launch some AGM65, in A/G, Master Arm On, Selecting the MAV, but inventory is still saying standby - no 30 second countdown either. I have watched the tutorials on AGM Launch and with those initial steps the MAV is not in standby and they are able to slave to the JTAC Laser. What am I missing? Watched WAGs tutorial - his never goes into STNBY and Chuck's Guide doesn't tell me why or how to come out of STNBY? I have seen others with the same issue. recent Bug?

132060736_10224209673099048_6112205377047489320_n.jpg

35 minutes ago, Sedlo said:

You need to change the laser code to a valid number.  Code 1111 is a placeholder, the weapon won't get into a firing situation with that on there.

Once the code is valid, click the MAV button twice to get into the page you're looking for.

Cheers!

Sorry, there was another pick with the valid code 1688. Still does not come out of STNBY 

Yes Sir. Just went in again to check the CAGE. I cannot get it to come out of CAGE with "U". MA is on and A/G. As soon as I do this in the AGM 65E Mission 'Persian Gulf", the AGM stores go right to STNBY. Weird. 

You can see in the TRK up above.

Frustrating

Edited by WesterlySix
more detail

I can't watch the track now, but assuming you're not lasing with your own TPOD, the steps are:

1. A/G master mode
  2. Box MAV
  3. Set laser code via the UFC
  4. Select MAV again, to enter the LMAV page
  5. Set TDC priority (diamond at the top right of the display) to the LMAV page, with SCS towards the display
  6. If you already have a target designation, the missile will uncage by itself. If you don't have one or the missile doesn't uncage, press the Cage/Uncage button
  7. The seeker will scan for the laser and then stabilize when it locates it
  8. At this point, the X over the MAV legend will disappear, meaning that the missile is ready to launch
  9. Master Arm to ARM
  10. Pickle

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro