Could LO/DCS be heading this direction?

I do believe the 'extensive delays' have already been explained: Contracts outside of the gaming industry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I do believe the 'extensive delays' have already been explained: Contracts outside of the gaming industry.

So you are saying that ED is doing no work toward a console release? Contracts outside the gaming industry explain delays but they may not fully explain the delays.

Please don't take this as anything other than pointing out a realistic possibility. I do not have any real reason to think ED is going this direction but I also have no real reason to think they are not.

IL2 is no where near as complex as DCS, or even Lock On. There's no way to play either of the latter with a console game pad. I don't see why ED would make a console game, they would essentially be going backwards.

So, no. :smilewink:

[ Stick: HOTAS Cougar ] [ HT: TrackIR4 ]

IL2 is no where near as complex as DCS, or even Lock On. There's no way to play either of the latter with a console game pad. I don't see why ED would make a console game, they would essentially be going backwards.

So, no. :smilewink:

Even IL2 is too complex for a console, so obviously it has been "dumbed down" quite a bit. And ED could do the same thing. I don't know if multi-millions of rubles in income would be considered going backwards.

I don't think they are going in that direction - it would be a surprise to me, but heck, you never know :)

Given the amount of effort put into the complexity of this sim though, I just can't see it ... they'd have to maintain at minimum a couple of different versions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's Ace Combat for consoles, eye candy for casual flying!

DCS and it's future modules seem far 2 complex for any console out there but you never know!

Consoles are rapidly taking over the world, nobody's playing chess no more and console games are more expensive than PC-DVD versions so imagine all the income from console version!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are not working on a console title.

Thx God. :thumbup:

Every tittle that has been built up by PC gamers, then moved on to the console market has only ever lead to the PC gamer being left for dead.

I fear IL2 will go the same way becasue UBI are notorious for screwing over the PC market in favor of a cheap console games. Thankfully ED showed UBI the door along time ago :D .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.