First Time Server Not Working

Hi there,

New to setting up a DCS server.  I'm a pretty smart IT guy, but this one is driving me crazy.

So I installed DCS on a Win 10 box.  Then I installed DCS World Server on it (latest Beta).  

First, I had the 'white screen'.  So I copied over the two pictures to the server folder.

Now I get just a DPC World Screen when starting the server.  It doesn't show anything else but the DCS World logo.  

Shouldn't I get some kind of interface to start making config changes?  I also tried starting the web GUI but it won't connect.

Help!  What am I missing?

image.png

Thanks

Ken

Did you install the DCS dedicated server?  If so, seeing just the DCS World screen is perfectly normal.  It's a dedicated server -- it doesn't render anything on the server itself like it did when you used to run a server a while back.

Not sure why your web gui for the server isn't working.  Are you running the web gui from the same machine you are running the server on?  If not, try that.  You can manage the server from a remote computer, but you have to jump through some hoops to make it happen.

Edited by dabomb

Cool.

If you want to manage the server remotely, it's best to create an account on digitalcombatsimulator.com just for running the server.  Once you have the server running under that account, you can log into the digitalcombatsimulator.com site with that account from another computer, then go to Profile --> My Servers and click on your server and the web GUI will open up in a new tab.

image.png

image.png

Edited by dabomb