Editing CMSC Program selection criteria?

Raptor9

• ED Team

Does anyone know how to change what programs the CMSC selects for a given threat indication when in Semi or Auto mode?  To be clear, I know how to edit the CMSP chaff/flare dispense sequences in the cockpit and the defaults in the "AN_ALE40V_params.lua" file, but I want to change the CMSC program selection criteria.

As it stands, these are the programs selected when exposed to the given threats:
PRGM A: SA-6, SA-8, ZSU-23-4 RWR indications

PRGM B: SA-10, SA-11, SA-15, SA-19, Roland, Patriot RWR indications

PRGM DSA-2, SA-13, HQ-7, Rapier RWR indications

PRGM L: SA-3, Hawk RWR indications

PRGM M: MWS detected launches (like MANPADS) without a correlated RWR warning
(ie, if you are pointing your belly at an SA-13, where the Missile Warning System detects the launch of a missile, but is in a blind spot of the Radar Warning Receiver so it doesn't detect the SA-13's radar, it will dispense PRGM M, whereas if the aircraft was circling the SA-13 site with the SA-13 radar in the field of view of the RWR sensors, it would dispense PRGM D if it detects the SA-13 radar prior to the MWS detected launch of an SA-13 missile)

What is troublesome about this is that all the relatively recent additions to DCS, such as the SA-2, HQ-7 and Rapier, seem to default to program D along with the SA-13, and these are all quite different types of threats (not that you need chaff to outmaneuver an SA-2 missile, even in an A-10).  In fact, these threats aren't even listed in the "CMSC_param.lua" file under any CMSC program, whereas all the threats for programs A, B and L are.

I tried adding or moving various threat lines to programs A or B or creating a new program in the "CMSC_param.lua" file.  However, when I save, and close the file, then start DCS and test, the programs still respond as before.  The reason I want to tailor these programs is to make the programs more efficient for each threat, and avoid wasting countermeasures unnecessarily.  For example, I could set up PRGM D to expend both a chaff program that works for the HQ-7 and Rapier, and simultaneously expend flares for the SA-13, but now I'm expending more countermeasures than are necessary regardless of what threat I am engaged by.

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head