Request for more infantry in DCS

FlankerKiller

With the Mi-24, and it seems AH-64 coming to DCS, it seems that the sim will be returning to its close air support roots. I vital part of this is infantry combat. But we have very limited infantry in game. There are heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, rifles, and shoulder fired AT weapons all in game. But no infantrymen use them. I love the new models detail, but infantry also use heavy weapons, and it would be awsome if the infantry in game could as well. Automatic riflemen, grenadears, light machine gunners,  and AT troops are and should be part of every major militaries infantry. With the right weapons infantry could be the best units for taking and holding urban environments. Sendkng Tanks into a city is suicidal IRL, and it should be in sim as well. Clearing out the other teams troops is a vital role carried out by attack helicopters, and I believe could and should be in game as well. 

There are other changes that I believe would make the infantry more realistic, and effective. One big one would be if they could be transported in trucks, and IFVs like they are in helos. Another would be to make mortars only fire if there are infantrymen within a certain distance, like sams work now. 

Having infantry that can be transported for assaults, destroy combat vehicles, and take and hold towns, city's, wooded areas would be great for the upcoming dynamic campaign. Killing, or supporting them would be a great way to utilize the helicopters we have, and will be getting soon. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, my next post is going to be about better ground AI. The infantry will actually move a bit to get to and engage targets. But they need to know to move into cover, and concealment when facing overwhelming force. When to stop and hold if facing overwhelming force, and when to retreat. They need to be nasty little buggers that can make you give up your advantage and safty, and kill you if your to careless.  I do believe this could be achieved without going crazy on the AI side of things. But there needs to be some decent AI. 

• Like 2