what is the final goal of DCS ?

gl33k

my hope toward lockon were huge. after a while i understood that no plateform opening

would appear , so , we stayed with same unique topography, too few addons , particularly playable.

One time again , my hope are same :noexpression: , i would like to see a team who share some of their tools (SDK) in order to balance work load :D.

i'm dreaming about flying a F/A 18 over afghanistant, with dynamic weather, mission trigger, and diplomatic condition too . no only "fly straight and attack". this action isn't possible with flamming cliff. too bad.

In short, will it be some flyable PLANE in near futur ? is it confirmed ? are they actually working on it ?

One time again , my hope are same :noexpression: , i would like to see a team who share some of their tools (SDK) in order to balance work load :D.

i'm dreaming about flying a F/A 18 over afghanistant, with dynamic weather, mission trigger, and diplomatic condition too . no only "fly straight and attack". this action isn't possible with flamming cliff. too bad.

?

ED is a company, not a team.

No, it's not possible with FC.

"Too bad?" Why? If you don't like it, move your ass and do yourself a simulator.

• Like 2

Carlos "Design" Pastor

AMD64x2 5200+, 4GB DDR2, Asus M2V, Nvidia Geforce GTX260, Win7 x64

I thought ED was a disfuction that afected men around the world and a little blue pill can fix it for a time. :huh:

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I thought ED was a disfuction that afected men around the world and a little blue pill can fix it for a time. :huh:

Quite Correct!

And on the sub-topic of Health, see also these various ED's.......:book:

And there endeth the derailment...........:smartass:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

little blue pills aside

I hope ED/DCS will be very successful for a very long time. May they make enough money on each release to finance further exciting releases. It's business, after all. Let's hope the company's business model works, and fans surge forward to buy their product. Also, somebody go kick Oleg in the @ss and tell him to "release" already. ;)

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

THANK YOU! Someone finally brought that up. And here I've been snickering to myself like an eight-year old the entire time at how people (myself included) throw around "ED" without acknowledging that "other" ED... :D

What about Mr. ED? Ed, Edd, and Eddie?

We should just refer to Eagle Dynamics from now on as Ed. Like the name "Ed".

"What's Ed up to?"

"Who knows."

(good cartoon, BTW :) )

No, it's not possible with FC.

"Too bad?" Why? If you don't like it, move your ass and do yourself a simulator.

hey you , . we didn't make sheep grew up together. so just watch your word.

I'm not here for debate with guy like you , simply because you can't.

i say, "i prefer thing like this" you answer to me "move , here it's like that"

you are useless :megalol:

If the facts are useless to you, I would have to say moving on would be in YOUR best interest.

This isn't in the name of "debate." "Debate" would suggest at least 2 solutions to the same problem. Whether or not there will be fixed wing aircraft is not debatable, as the fact is there WILL be.

Releasing code for modders is a big decision for a company, and I don't think Eagle Dynamics will be doing it anywhere in the next 5 years if ever. DCS is about a certain standard. Releasing tools so 30 cockpits can be made with the exact same functionality of the KA-50 for an F/A-18 etc. doesn't make sense in the DCS world. It also doesn't make sense to involve diplomacy in software descending from government use.

I think Eagle Dynamics has made it clear that their #1 focus is on high-fidelity avionics, mechanics, and flight model. ALL other components are secondary.

What is meant by "build your own sim" is that Eagle Dynamics is a company. A company that reserves the right to create and design products according to their vision. Much like a musician who does not allow his work to go public for not wanting his vision spoiled or altered in any way. It is their property and it is their right to create any type of product they want.

As a consumer, you reserve the right to purchase or not purchase their product, as well as show your disapproval, etc. (which you have done here.)

However, I'll re-iterate, the best thing for YOU would be to move on if your primary objective is to have complex mission triggers, dynamic weather, and multi-tiered diplomatic campaign architecture. This is NOT DCS's primary objective, so your goals and the developer's do not match in this accord.

• Like 1

If the facts are useless to you, I would have to say moving on would be in YOUR best interest.

This isn't in the name of "debate." "Debate" would suggest at least 2 solutions to the same problem. Whether or not there will be fixed wing aircraft is not debatable, as the fact is there WILL be.

Releasing code for modders is a big decision for a company, and I don't think Eagle Dynamics will be doing it anywhere in the next 5 years if ever. DCS is about a certain standard. Releasing tools so 30 cockpits can be made with the exact same functionality of the KA-50 for an F/A-18 etc. doesn't make sense in the DCS world. It also doesn't make sense to involve diplomacy in software descending from government use.

I think Eagle Dynamics has made it clear that their #1 focus is on high-fidelity avionics, mechanics, and flight model. ALL other components are secondary.

What is meant by "build your own sim" is that Eagle Dynamics is a company. A company that reserves the right to create and design products according to their vision. Much like a musician who does not allow his work to go public for not wanting his vision spoiled or altered in any way. It is their property and it is their right to create any type of product they want.

As a consumer, you reserve the right to purchase or not purchase their product, as well as show your disapproval, etc. (which you have done here.)

However, I'll re-iterate, the best thing for YOU would be to move on if your primary objective is to have complex mission triggers, dynamic weather, and multi-tiered diplomatic campaign architecture. This is NOT DCS's primary objective, so your goals and the developer's do not match in this accord.

Good summary :)

Couple of points - firstly, the ME is evolving, and already allows for some fairly complex trigger systems.

The limit is likely to be the designer's vision and patience - a determined mission building will be able to have an absolute field day with some of the stuff in there :)

Secondly, it's important to note that while the focus of DCS is indeed on those objectives, that doesn't mean ED don't want to improve the secondary aims as well.

I don't think English is gl33k's first language, so don't jump on him too strongly. I don't think he's attacking the facts for being useless . . .

Every sim is open to some criticism. It's plain to see already what DCS' objectives and strengths will be, but it's just as useful to pick out the weaknesses and target them for improvement.

ED's sims have never particularly lacked in accuracy, but a criticism of mission immersion is to some extent valid.

The more units can be added to campaign missions, the more surprises that can be thrown in, the more alive the world can be made to feel, the more enthralling the mission will be and the more fun we can all have . . . now some of this is coming in Black Shark.

And ED want to evolve the ME further from the Black Shark state. Be optimistic :)

@LastRiffleround:

yes , but don't fool yourself neither other. you know that a new landscape would be great for FC community. and a landscape , isn't the top of the edge of their code...

on other side , Everyone were awating for a dynamic campaign. what means conditionnal trigger in editor. all i want is ,i think, what all other want , this time at least ...

@britgliderpilot: exactly , good point. i never could get a "randomness" in my own mission. and that pissed me off :/

of course, i didn't read the may 16 report. Indeed , all this BS specs make my hope revive !

"this action isn't possible with flamming cliff. too bad." . Debate? Where?. Please, there's a big difference between wishes and judgment.

Thanks LastRifleRound for your objectivity.

"Everyone were awating for a dynamic campaign" Don't put the words of some people on ED's mouth. They've never said it will be on BS. Don't overhype the product, please. It'll be great, but it's just a combat-helo sim.

Carlos "Design" Pastor

AMD64x2 5200+, 4GB DDR2, Asus M2V, Nvidia Geforce GTX260, Win7 x64

Well it will all be new to me so I don't care. I just want the dang thing in my hot little hands so I can play/crash/fly/blowthings up. :)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

The final goal of DCS is to take over the world, of course.

Now that the question is answered .... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The final goal of DCS is to take over the world, of course.

Now that the question is answered .... :D

:D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The final goal of DCS is to take over the world, of course.....

Who's the Brain.................and more importantly.................who's Pinky?

And while you're at it, spill the Beans on Snowball, Billie, Larry, Pharfignewton, Maurice and Romy too............!!!

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why don't you just welcome our new DCS-based overlords with peace instead of asking all those cumbersome questions... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda