DCS.exe Entry Point Not Found

SSnipeHH

I recently updated to the new DCS version that dropped a while ago and ever since I was unable to start my DCS. I have used admin mode and re installed the game. I have also checked if my anti virus is the problem and still nothing can fix it. Does anyone know a fix for this. 

Full error text:
The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe.

Maybe: https://thegeekpage.com/entry-point-not-found-dynamic-link-library-error/

Tip: Read through all possible option "before" you pick one.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Someone else had the same error yesterday. It was caused by the antivirus.

Simply add these two folders as exceptions in your antivirus and you should be OK:

• C:\Users\your-name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ (or just "DCS" if you're on the stable version)
  • path to your main DCS folder (ie. \DCS WorldOpenBeta\ )

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 year later...

Never seen this prior ... cant resolve - No antivirus running.

I get the same error with DCS and UPDATER...

Running fine until I ran the UPDATER - now nothing gets past this.  I have tuned off the Windows Firewall even.

Ran Cleanup and Repair from POWERSHELL window... 

I attached 1 of the 2 errors they are very similar.

DCSerror.PNG

I ws willing to reinstall (kinda drastic) but the other user said that didnt work either...

Windows must be involved here - but I ran DCS 4 consecutive times - the first three loaded and ran - only after UPDATING did I receive this error.

I also went thru the update process for the C++ link "already installed" it says

Edited by marcwoolery

4 hours ago, marcwoolery said:

No antivirus running.

Windows has a built-in antivirus, that is enabled if you don’t use a third party antivirus. You should check it and configure the exceptions.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Windows has a built-in antivirus, that is enabled if you don’t use a third party antivirus. You should check it and configure the exceptions.

Yes, it's either this or a missing Windows update.

Why would the DCS Update cause this issue ?  I do note that there was a list of files "UNEEDED" so I chose "delete" during the update.

To be clear the DCS loaded and ran 3 or 4 times within a 1 hour period then I chose to UPDATE - then this all happened. Windows Defender is OFF no anti virus is running.

Windows is up to date.

Defender asked me to click "ALLOW" for DCS during the process - I did that. 

I guess I need my tool belt... gotta be hardware right ?

Nope, it's software. Somewhere between DCS and Windows.

Check the compatibility options of your DCS.exe executable: right-click on DCS.exe, “Properties”, then click the “Compatibility” tab.

Ensure “Run this program in compatibility mode for” is unticked.
Ensure “Full screen optimisations disable” is unticked.
Ensure “Run this program as an administrator” is unticked.

Is this helpful ?

.OLD I assume doe snot apply ... 

I see some errors, but nothing show stopping (to me)

dcs.log dcs.log.old

7 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Nope, it's software. Somewhere between DCS and Windows.

Check the compatibility options of your DCS.exe executable: right-click on DCS.exe, “Properties”, then click the “Compatibility” tab.

Ensure “Run this program in compatibility mode for” is unticked.
Ensure “Full screen optimisations disable” is unticked.
Ensure “Run this program as an administrator” is unticked.

Im not sure Im being clear - First I was joking about hardware !  LOL

I ran DCS without issues - But after running an UPDATE for DCS this started. 

Im not sure how windows would have changed in that few minutes.

I do have a new Drive C from several weeks ago, but the logic with the DCS issue escapes me (as usual with Windows)

I looked in the properties - None are checked 

Edited by marcwoolery

Your latest log seems OK, indeed.

I believe the answer you want most at the moment is not "who is the culprit" but more something like "how the hell do I get it to work like it used to". So let's forget about the "it happened right after this, so it cannot be that". We'll simply try many things that worked out for other users, until it works for you.

If you've already tried things in my previous post, try this now:

1. Delete .\DCS World\bin\Transport.dll
  2. Then run a DCS repair
  • Like 1

I upgraded from I think v2.5.something to the latest (v2.7.something) after not playing for some number of months and am getting these errors as well.

Added exclusions to the Saved Game and main DCS folders to Windows Antivirus to no effect.

Guess I'll try reinstalling. Right at the start, before the update, it popped up a dialog saying a whole bunch of files were unneeded and I could keep or delete them; I chose delete. Maybe that's the issue, although rather ridiculous there's an option to delete if so. But who knows, that might not be it, just figured I'd mention it.

Hopefully reinstall works.

Edited by clamum

9 hours ago, marcwoolery said:

I resolved using the "Repair" tool - But I got errors for Specific files - I deleted them first - then had to move some files at the end.  Odd responses about "extra Files"

DCS repair

Thanks for your feedback. 👍