Is there any way to load infantry onto a helicopter from the Tarawa's deck using only in-game triggers?

pognivet

I enjoy flying the Huey quite a bit and so I wanted to a create a mission whereby I transport marines from the Tarawa to shore repeatedly. The only problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to load infantry onto the helicopter from the deck of the ship.

I'm able to pretty easily allow taking troops from shore to the ship and making them disappear off the deck by deactivating their group after they disembark, but I haven't been able to get this method to work vice versa.

I know about CTLD, which seems like an ideal solution, and I've tried to use it, but I've never had much luck in getting it working. It never seems to load for me.

I was wondering if there was some way, however janky, to get this same functionality in the base game just through the use of triggers.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure (but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) that you can't place ground units on ships. So that makes it pretty much impossible.

Too bad though.. Your idea would create an immersive atmosphere

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Your best bet would be to try and get CTLD working, then you can do exactly what you want too do. It should be as easy as loading Mist first as a mission start, do script file trigger then load CTLD as say a once, time more = 2, do script file trigger. Just make sure you name the unit name of the Tarawa the same in the appropriate place in the CTLD script (in pickupzones) before you load it and your away laughing.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz