F-10 Map coordinates & Kneeboard

tom1502

Morning all,

This is something that I've encountered as an issue differently in different modules, but I fly exclusively in VR and inputting map coordinates from the F-10 map into any of the aircraft is a pain in VR. There is no way, really, for a player to write it down and input it without much faffing around. I was wondering whether it would be possible to create a way to copy and paste coordinates from the F-10 map into the kneeboard so that they could be referred to easily while inputting them?

It would be something available for everyone, whether they use VR or not (save the trees!), and it would mean they could be referred back to or read back to others with ease. I'm not a programmer, by any stretch of the imagination, but I wonder whether this would be achievable?

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 6

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 10 months later...

This would be so great, been wishing this would be implemented since I started DCS. I don't even use VR and it's still a hassle to write coods in my notepad then enter them for targeting or man SP.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Here’s a tip. If you aren’t in VR. Just use your phone to snap a pic of the coordinates. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

This would be so great, been wishing this would be implemented since I started DCS. I don't even use VR and it's still a hassle to write coods in my notepad then enter them for targeting or man SP.

They really should just ask to implement Scratchpad natively into the base game. It's a bit trickier to use for anything but copying coordinates from the map in VR unless you happen to have a stand-alone numpad, but it's still entirely workable, and for pancake mode, it's 99% of what you ever need.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

On 12/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, tom1502 said:

Morning all,

This is something that I've encountered as an issue differently in different modules, but I fly exclusively in VR and inputting map coordinates from the F-10 map into any of the aircraft is a pain in VR. There is no way, really, for a player to write it down and input it without much faffing around. I was wondering whether it would be possible to create a way to copy and paste coordinates from the F-10 map into the kneeboard so that they could be referred to easily while inputting them?

It would be something available for everyone, whether they use VR or not (save the trees!), and it would mean they could be referred back to or read back to others with ease. I'm not a programmer, by any stretch of the imagination, but I wonder whether this would be achievable?

Thanks,

Tom

Something like this would indeed be very welcome, for us VR users in particular!

Not what you suggest/wish, but just in case you didn't know; The VA VAICOM kneeboard extension at least notes down radio communications (such as ninelines) on the kneeboard, for you to read back. Imho this function should be implemented in DCS core by the way, but that's my thought..

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH