HP Reverb G2 tips

Midair

Hi, I'm waiting for my G2 and coming from the Rift S I know it will be a new way to set up the headset and the pixel density. I saw some videos showing differents way to set the PD with WMR and Steam VR but why do we have to do it on both?

With my Rift S the settings are pretty easy and I can force the Headset at 40 FPS without retroprojection so I don't have the blurry texture.

Could you tell me all the tips for helping me to have the same results with the G2?

I started with the RiftS, then Reverb G1, and now the G2.  The G2 is unbelievable for graphics but you will need serious HP to get there.  I have a I9-9900 clocked at 5ghz, 2080Ti clocked to 2100, 64gb ram and a M2 dive and I struggle to get 45fps.  I needed to turn down the terrain texture to get me stable at 50-60fps.

the biggest different is the use of WMR and SteamVR.  Set the PD in DCS for .8-1.0 and adjust your supersampling in steam.  Under the general tab set the sampling to 50-54% to match your resolution for the headset.  Under application you can set the SS for 100%. 
check out Bignewy’s post for his settings and also reference ThudVR4DCS online for further tuning tips.

Edited by RV8ator