Mig-21 Radar FPS Bug

I don't get why this has not been fixed for how long it has been in the game and is now a module on sale. When ever the radar on the Mig21 sees the ground my game just drops from 150 FPS to 10-20 FPS. I have looked for ways of fixing this and found nothing that actually works. If any one knows if they are working on fixing this or if there is a fix that would be awesome, just putting this out here to hopefully get some attention for this problem.

From Leatherneck's website, just a few hours ago:

This year caused countless problems, even for our beloved MiG-21bis.  Since the April of this year, we’ve seen a number of reports indicating severe framerate issues, preventing many users from enjoying the Fishhbed completely or at least when using the radar.  Severity of this issue did not remain unnoticed and we have attempted a few times to solve it, releasing various changes and tweaks.  This effort proved fruitless in the following months despite our sincere attempts.

Instead we have taken a more radical approach and decided to rewrite most of the RP-22SMA radar code and change some settings at the very root.  This took longer as it was a complex task, and the final result needed internal testing before we would dare to submit such modifications.

However, based on internal tests, it seems that this step worked to our benefit and the issue is gone.  No sudden and drastic framerate drops were discovered during testing whether the radar was operating in standby or ON mode.  Thus, the radar fix was submitted for an update last Friday the 11th.  Please keep in mind that such substantial change may cause some other unnoticeable problems yet seen.  We will keep an eye on all reported issues and try to address them to provide the very best experience for you.

I guess the new radar modeling didn't make it to the current open beta. Hopefully, it will come in the next OB patch.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.