Christmas 2020 Update

Hiromachi

On 12/22/2020 at 10:16 PM, Hiromachi said:

At this moment no. New damage models are not part of SDK yet, so we have no means of implementing them. But once we will get closer to release I will have more information on that.

Do it once - do it Right.

Can't wait.

Merry Christmas.

Bowie

12 hours ago, Art-J said:

In my opinion the windscreen of the covered aircraft is a way too far from the nose for any Su-17 derivative (at least seen from that angle). Proportions-wise it's closer to one of twn-seater MiG-21 variants to me, although bulges on the nose don't match either.

It does have what appear to be two bumps which could be the double wing fences of an Su-17M3 or UM3 perhaps. But, there are enough confusing shapes in front and back that I can't really make anything out of it and since I've been burned before, I'd rather not get my hopes up again for something cool only for it to be another Christen Eagle.

I do hope there will be a few more hints and not too far ahead 🙂

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

27 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

It does have what appear to be two bumps which could be the double wing fences of an Su-17M3 or UM3 perhaps. But, there are enough confusing shapes in front and back that I can't really make anything out of it and since I've been burned before, I'd rather not get my hopes up again for something cool only for it to be another Christen Eagle.

I do hope there will be a few more hints and not too far ahead 🙂

Honestly those bumps could also just be "uneveneness" in the fabric like seen on other areas of that image. The tail/vertical stab shape and angle look exactly like the Mig-21's. The seeming rise in canopy looks to be mostly the perspective, let alone that the pitot tube doe not stick/poke out of the fabric which would be the case for both the 21 and 17. To me it looks 99% like a Mig-21Bis under there, or obviously some other 21 variant if you want to stretch it that far. But LN having quite a busy catalogue with the F4U, its assets and the F-8J for the next few years makes it fairly unlikely that they would tease another aircraft like this during christmas. Why in this fashion and why in general, given beforementioned projects? I get that people really want a Su-17 but this is like not seeing the forest for the trees.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 11:30 PM, Hiromachi said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys ! 

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/12/22/christmas-update/

I hope you will like this one 🙂 

I do indeed!! Thanks a lot guys for all the hard work! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I really love the MiG-21, and almost feel guilty to have purchased it once so many years ago, and used it all these years without helping to pay for all the support that has been needed because of the never ending evolution of the dcs framework. So, I will for sure purchase the Corsair as soon as it gets out of your shop 🙂

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

39 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I really love the MiG-21, and almost feel guilty to have purchased it once so many years ago, and used it all these years without helping to pay for all the support that has been needed because of the never ending evolution of the dcs framework.

You could send me some money to soften the feeling of guilt. In the name of the MiG-21

1 hour ago, TotenDead said:

You could send me some money to soften the feeling of guilt. In the name of the MiG-21

didnt knew you were part of the developer’s team, what was your position on it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The wing fences look nothing like a Mig-21, so I'm pretty skeptical of that.To me it seems more like the mystery aircraft would be some sort of Fitter variant,  with the nose appearing longer than it is because of the pitot tubes.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, BlackPixxel said:

Maybe one of their developers could clarify if the image was intended to be a teaser for a new module?

A Su-17 module would be absolutely amazing. And in one of the Grim Reapers videos it was said that a new redfor airplane will be coming, in addition to the MiG-23.

I'm pretty sure that refers to ED working on an early Mig-29. Which is also great news really.

Edited by TLTeo

@Hiromachi the variable incidence of the F-8J's wing should be 5°, instead of 7° of the earliner models' wing.

Check those two NATOPS excerpts:

F-8Jflaps_nonBLC.PNG

F-8Jflaps.PNG

The flaps and aileron-droop depends on the mod-stage depicted. I think an aircraft with a -420 motor should probably also have AFC 544 incorporated.

My guess is that the reduced flap-travel and reduced aileron-droop helped in MRT wave-off performance (less drag).

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

I know. What I mentioned in update was reflective of prototype and features in general, details specific to this variant will be reflected properly. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, Lurker said:

That's a Su-17\22 under there or I'm father Christmas. Nice, we need more strikers especially Redfor strikers. 

Nope. It is not Sukhoi. 

Although I would love to be proved wrong here.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Looks pretty much like a Su-17/22 to me as well. You know how hungry the Cold War server for that bird, Hiromachi! 😉

• Like 6

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Actually, I'm going to disagree on the Su-17/22. I still think it's a fitter, but a Su-7 of some stripe. Su-7BKL, for example. I WANT to say 17/22, but there's only a single wing-fence in the render visible through the fabric.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

4 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Actually, I'm going to disagree on the Su-17/22. I still think it's a fitter, but a Su-7 of some stripe. Su-7BKL, for example. I WANT to say 17/22, but there's only a single wing-fence in the render visible through the fabric.

You could be right about that. But the truth is it could just be missing from the model. Kind of like the probes in front of the aircraft nose are missing. It might also be a completely different aircraft for all we know and that's not a wing fence, but something completely unrelated to it. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

You could be right about that. But the truth is it could just be missing from the model. Kind of like the probes in front of the aircraft nose are missing. It might also be a completely different aircraft for all we know and that's not a wing fence, but something completely unrelated to it. 

A very fair point.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!