MCG Ultimate. Close up.

AeroGator

Cover_vlr.jpg

No funny stuff like those alloys whose names we don't speak out. A decent aluminum blend whose composition we prefer to keep private. Durable yet lightweight.

The weight is highly important. Many think the heavier the better - and there can hardly be a mistake more ridiculous than this. (indeed, why don't they make airplane parts from crude cast iron?)
A heavy grip loads centering mechanism of the base, and in case it sits on an extension tube things get even worse. A good grip is lightweight (but sinewy), durable, and beautiful. Athletic, in a word. Anyone saw an athlete making bars and beams crack?

Scale_G_vs.jpg

FYI:
• Plastic MCG (premium) - 330 g
• Warthog - 900 g
• Hornet - 840 g (plastic head on metal stem)
• MCG Ultimate - under 600 g
(MCG Ultimate is larger than the Hog... if it was made from silumin, it would weigh over 1.5 kg - no go).

Then, coating. Coatings, to be precise, as there are multiple.

Metal_Surf_vlr.jpg

The first coating is electroplated, same as you can see on Gunfighter bases and mechs. It covers the entire grip, in and out (as we know that a good grip must be beautiful not just on the outside)!
The second coating on the outer side is powder spray that is slightly rough to the touch. Just so to make it sit in your palm like it is part of it.
To make it feel even better, there are soft rubber pads on plastic bases: these two are cast together so there is no way rubber starts peeling off with some use. No way. Rubber caresses the hand while plastic base is what gets screwed to the metal. Result: in summer the hand doesn't sweat too heavily, in winter it prevents you from an unpleasant sensation of cold metal when you just start your engines.

Rubber_vlr.jpg

Then, buttons.
All silent. All long travel, all with tactile click. Clicks optimized at 5N applied force. And if you prefer muted mil-style colors, black button caps (included) are user-replaceable without a need to open the casing.
Ring finger button had mixed feedback; some found it tricky to press. Others wanted the opposite: to make it stiffer. We re-designed it, extending the travel and making it concave to prevent accidental pressing. In case you need it, there are rubber caps (included) that can be glued to the top of the button increasing its height.

BLever_vlr.jpg

Then, controls load.
As a side effect of making a full metal hull came increased structural rigidity. Which made heavier load possible on the flap trigger and brake lever (the latter takes up to 1.4 kg to fully depress).

Head_back_vs.jpg

Then, double step trigger. Re-designed. Silent but tactile. With well sensible steps.

Module_Inside_vlr.jpg

Now, hats and ministicks. Modular hats and ministicks.
Master mode and Gate cont controls became modular. You don't need to open the casing to replace the 5-button hat with a ministick, or vice versa, in any combination. The grip's main controller will automatically detect the change.
Besides, the hat module now becomes... modular. Every button is now sitting on its own board, and can be easily replaced: we know how in the heat of a dogfight you like hard pressing the controls.

Modules_vlr.jpg

DC and Manvr/PC hats grew in size and got more pronounced borders. Pressing them became easier and more natural.
Have we mentioned the hat and the ministick now have two user replaceable caps?

Head_Front_vlr.jpg

The eyes of the grip are two programmable LEDs shaped differently (for better identifying which one is lit, if only one is). You may use them for showing the ministick mode (ana/digi). Or, indicate shifts. Or just give you friendly winks.

The grip is supplied with or without twist mechanism. There is also a choice between Russian and English prints.

As the MCG is a copy control device its dimensions and controls' placement would not change. Hence, MCG and MCG Ultimate look nearly identical. However we worked a lot on the Ultimate's internals. Many know how much we dislike the cable jungle that grow inside some grips.

Grip_inside_vlr.jpg

To counter this, and to make assembling as well as opening the grip easy, we only let 3 cables inside the metal hull. After all, a premium grade grip has no right to look worse on the inside than on the outside. True beauty is all over and everywhere.
Then what.... Oh price. 250 USD for no-twist grip, and 275 for a twisted beauty. All modules are included, you don't have to buy any extras.

Availability.
We produced a limited number of grips. Starting 24 Dec only Gunfighter owners will be able to purchase the Ultimates. To order, you will need to quote the number of your Gunfighter base in the NOTES field. One number - one grip. Both A and B revisions are supported.
After Chinese New Year the grip will be sold separately, as well as in a set with the base. Our production capacity can now top at about 1000 Ultimates a month, so shortages are very unlikely (but if the market demands more, we will be able to swiftly increase the output).

Other_Side_vs.jpg

And finally, Why Buy if You Can Win? Leave a comment under the Youtube clip (link below), and on 4 Jan we will have a prize draw. The winner takes it all: a Gunfighter and a MCG Ultimate. Don't miss the chance!

S_H_Head_vlr.jpg

Win Her, and Rule the Universe!

• Like 1

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

Yep same here, just waiting on that order button.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dammit I wanted to purchase the package, with the Gufighter base as at the moment I have a FBM (which I'm very happy with)

Looks like I'm in for a wait, on the other hand with your production capacity looks like I'll have a good chance of getting one eventually

Wishing everybody lucky enough to end up with a late Christmas present happy simming

Just to add it looks absolutely amazing (in case you didn't know)

Edited by Weegie

I definitely don't need it. The functionality of the original MCG Pro is nearly identical and is easily the most capable of all the grips I have. But I want it. As CPUs and GPUs that I need have been sold out and I still keep racking up overtime every week, $275 doesn't sound so bad to experience all of the great features of the "Ultimate". The modular, interchangeable, reparable switches with optional hats are a big selling point for me. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

I definitely don't need it. The functionality of the original MCG Pro is nearly identical and is easily the most capable of all the grips I have. But I want it. As CPUs and GPUs that I need have been sold out and I still keep racking up overtime every week, $275 doesn't sound so bad to experience all of the great features of the "Ultimate". The modular, interchangeable, reparable switches with optional hats are a big selling point for me. 

Yeah same here, my MCG Pro grip is serving me quite well at this time and I really do not need to replace it.

But yeah I want it so there is that lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

38 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

What base number is needed? Do I have to open up the base to get the number?

Yes, I was asking the same question. I have the orginal base with ungraded electronics, but don't understand this number they are asking for.  I hope we get a response before they go on sale.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

51 minutes ago, Outlaw24 said:

Yes, I was asking the same question. I have the orginal base with ungraded electronics, but don't understand this number they are asking for.  I hope we get a response before they go on sale.

It is serial number. Mine was located on the desktop plate that came with the Gunfighter.

Don B

59 minutes ago, dburne said:

It is serial number. Mine was located on the desktop plate that came with the Gunfighter.

Thanks, I found it, I had to unmount it and found the S/N on the bottom of the plate.👍

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

23 minutes ago, GregP said:

Oder placed!

👍

Don B

Pulled the trigger, order placed.

Spoiler:

6 hours ago, AeroGator said:

Thanks for business folks! We appreciate your support. Grips will be mailed out some time next week as soon as the xmas craze ebbs down a bit.

Cheers! All the best of luck and fun to your families!

:thumbsup:

Good times ahead! Merry Christmas!

Don B

3 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

How come it costs $100 more for European customers?

Maybe it includes not only VAT, but also shipping via airlift instead of the normal slow boat shipping container?  The description says "Modern Combat Grip Ultimate Edition (MCG U) via China Express Airlift"

8 hours ago, Blatherman said:

Maybe it includes not only VAT, but also shipping via airlift instead of the normal slow boat shipping container?  The description says "Modern Combat Grip Ultimate Edition (MCG U) via China Express Airlift"

Well in my brief research I think I found out that there's no "VAT" on imported consumer goods into the USA.

So if it was the equivalent of $330 then that would be fair enough.

The €312 price didn't include shipping which is €24 or $30.

@AeroGatorWhy is the EU price (which includes European sales tax, but excludes shipping) so much more expensive than the US price?

US price $275

Current exchange rate $1 = €0.81

US price converted €222

Netherlands VAT at 21% = €46

US price including EU VAT = €268

EU webshop asking €312.

Big difference: why?

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]