MCG Ultimate. Close up.

AeroGator

So are you saying that grips are sent directly from a Chinese warehouse to USA end users? But that for EU end users the grips take a two stage journey: step 1 from Chinese warehouse to EU importer and step 2 PostNL or DHL from EU importer to end user? For a total cost of $27 ($21 airlift plus €4.84 postage within the Netherlands). Or you are saying that grips sent to the US arrived on boat and so did not face the airlift surcharge?

And by the way, most EU consumers do not live in the Netherlands so intra EU import costs will be much higher than €4.84... the cost to my country is an additional €24.20.

Edit: BTW, thanks for explaining, but still not 100% clear with what you are telling me yet.

Edited by Milou

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 hours ago, Milou said:

So are you saying that grips are sent directly from a Chinese warehouse to USA end users?

Yes

17 hours ago, Milou said:

But that for EU end users the grips take a two stage journey: step 1 from Chinese warehouse to EU importer and step 2 PostNL or DHL from EU importer to end user

Yes

11 hours ago, streakeagle said:

My new grip is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Lucky you!

Mine is not yet in the States but hopefully will be soon. Really looking forward to this one!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Lucky you!

Mine is not yet in the States but hopefully will be soon. Really looking forward to this one!

Same here hopefully, it will be delivered by the weekend.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Mine shows departed Anchorage AK with "no scheduled delivery date at this time".

So I expect will likely get it one day next week.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

30 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

So it was slightly late, but I got it before noon today. It is exactly what was advertised. I still need to connect it to the stick and try it out, but so far so good.

Lucky you!

I got a text message from Fed Ex a few minutes ago that they now had the package and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Can't wait to check it out!

Don B

Fed Ex indicates Monday is my delivery day also, maybe a  surprise  early delivery tomorrow, hopefully.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

2 hours ago, Outlaw24 said:

Fed Ex indicates Monday is my delivery day also, maybe a  surprise  early delivery tomorrow, hopefully.

Yeah wouldn't that be nice. We can hope.

Don B

Swapped out the two analog axes for switches.

Set up a configuration nearly identical to my original MCG Pro minus the two axes.

Now it is just the hassle of mapping every aircraft to the new grip.

Very happy with the feel, particularly the buttons which are far closer to milspec. i.e. they feel more solid with stiffer springs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

Set up a configuration nearly identical to my original MCG Pro minus the two axes.

Very happy with the feel, particularly the buttons which are far closer to milspec. i.e. they feel more solid with stiffer springs.

Nice!

Don B

2 hours ago, streakeagle said:

Outstanding!  Just waiting to get my delivery.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

I am not a fan of all-metal grips because real grips use heavy duty resin/plastics for the outer shells, which very much changes the feel of the grip to bare hands compared to metal. This grip has the textured rubber pad similar to the design used on the F-14. The rubber pad happens to be a great feature for me as I like the feel of it and it helps avoid the feeling of metal that I don't like. The metal also has a texture that makes the grip feel better.

But the metal grip has one important advantage: weight. Real grips are usually metal on the inside and therefore have significant weight. Combined with the weight of the actual stick, you can feel the "inertia" even if the stick has no tension on it. This "Ultimate" grip provides the same feeling of inertia that the TM grips have. I like the feel of the weight.

I have always liked the functionality of the MCG Pro, but preferred the shape and feel of the VKB F-14 grip and TM Hornet grip. The new higher quality, stiffer buttons, switches, and levers combined with the "feel" of the grip has changed the game. I still think the US designs have better ergonomics, but the Russian design adds a tremendous number of additional control inputs for only a small loss in comfort/ease of operation. I was already using the MCG Pro a lot to support switching between so many aircraft types, particularly in multiplayer where I might be flying a MiG-15, MiG-19, or MiG-21 one minute or an F-86, F-5, or A-4 another with periodic flights in the more modern types that use most of the controls. If I am going to be flying MiGs, I strongly prefer having the brake lever, which is what locks me into the MCG Pro so much. All the leftover buttons/switches on the older aircraft grips allows me to map kneeboard, map, and other convenient game controls.

For me, this really has proven to be the "Ultimate" grip, and I feel I got my money's worth even though I already had a 100% functionally equivalent MCG Pro. My old MCG Pro is now relegated to being a backup if the Ultimate fails and also the "display" model in my grip rack, filling the empty hole it left when in use. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds awesome thanks for the feedback, I am so looking forward to this new grip with my setup!

Tracking still shows scheduled for delivery on Monday.

Don B

Got mine today too.  LOVE IT!  Such a different, and better, feel.  The only extremely minor complaint I might have would be that the lower left hat switch, which should be labeled 'GATE CONT', has been stamped twice in slightly differnt places, making it unreadable.  But personally I couldn't care less.

The weightiness, the higher quality switches, the customizabillity -- I already swapped out that lower left hat for the 'knobbed' version -- this thing is gorgeous.  Very happy with the purchase, although sort of not looking forward to having to figure out again how to map everything within VKBDevCfg as I had to do when I first got the MCG Pro.  Not a real problem though.

Edited by GregP
  • Like 1

I received mine today  and I must say this is a great peice of workmanship, the weighted feel of the grip along with the new feel of the buttons, trigger and lever is outstanding.  I really enjoyed my  orginal MCG Pro, but this one is in a league of it's own!

• Like 1

Spoiler:

The same here I looked thur my box and the accessory bags and could not find it either. Maybe someone from VKB can provide some information on this.

Spoiler:

Loving the reports, really looking forward to getting mine on Monday.

Little troubling about the missing locking screw, definitely will want to lock mine. I do not use twist.

Don B