MCG Ultimate. Close up.

AeroGator

On 1/14/2021 at 12:53 AM, streakeagle said:

I never used the relative trim axis and only rarely used the cursor control axis. I have far more use for simple 4-way hats with center depress.

All I did was take out the screw and swap in the hat switch modules, which are keyed to ensure proper installation. I considered retaining the cursor control because I can program it to simultaneously be both cursor x-y analog axes and a 4-way hat with center depress, but I love the feel of the 4-way hat module over the analog module.

If DCS ever fully models the MiG-29, Su-27 or any other aircraft I will regularly fly that have analog cursor controls on the stick, then I can easily swap it back in.

I just changed my analogue hats to behave as 4 ways with push. 

4 minutes ago, McGraw said:

I did the same with my Ultimate grip by swapping those hats. Never really used that relative axis much anyway.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 minute ago, McGraw said:

That is what I did with my MCG Pro. But I like the feel of the dedicated switches over using the analogue sticks, particularly when using trim where the solid click and strong spring back to center is very useful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, streakeagle said:

That is what I did with my MCG Pro. But I like the feel of the dedicated switches over using the analogue sticks, particularly when using trim where the solid click and strong spring back to center is very useful.

Agreed the feel to me is way better.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, streakeagle said:

I prefer analogue for pitch trim. Centre press to reset

• Like 1

I must say sometimes I just like to sit here at my desk with my 200mm extended Gunfighter Mk III with Ultimate grip sticking up between my legs and just stroke it...

:censored:

Yeah I am a sick puppy.

Big time hardware junkie too. Especially joysticks.

Don B

• 2 weeks later...

I found a use for my MCG Pro. I want to keep the ultimate set up as-is: with no analog axis. But I need an 8-way POV hat for another application, so I need to reprogram my MCG Pro to provide that functionality so that I don't have to put one of the analog axes back in. Are there any real aircraft grips that use an 8-way switch? My experience is that they only use 4-way switches with guides to lock out any other direction. What I should do is put the analog axis back in the cursor control to the left on the Ultimate, then program it to be an 8-way with center depress and analog axis at the same time. But I love the feel of the 4-way switch too much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]