The unofficial JF-17 paintkit

cookiemonste

Hello! this is Version 3.0 of the Unofficial JF-17 Template, made by Kerbo, Cookiemonster and Megalax to use put the sample skin folder in \DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack\Liveries\JF-17\ and edit the PSDs with your desired changes, overwrite the files in the sample skin. the Sample skin is simply to provide a lua and folder structure template to make life easier for you Changelog: -added UVs -Fixed issues with wing and added back the Main 07 due to confusion on intended usage -added roughmet template (thanks to Megalax) -redone sample skin to be a default camo -redid weathering -tanks included in the sample livery -bort numbers now enabled by default, to disable replace all instances of "jf-17_numbers01" with "empty" Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zk9ZKQ5XoITwYmfwZgOr3wbj1M0oKf1n?usp=sharing

Edited by cookiemonste
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• uboats pinned this topic

Very nice! Now I need to learn how to make a livery. Have some ideas for a personal JF-17 livery 😄

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On 12/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, killkenny1 said:

Very nice! Now I need to learn how to make a livery. Have some ideas for a personal JF-17 livery 😄

I invite you to the Livery artwork group, we can help you learn how to make liveries, and i can help you with the template if you encounter anything

https://discord.gg/yH2PgqzSCx

Edited by Kerbo 416
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello! 

we've updated the Template, V 2.0 is out and includes among other stuff:

- improved weathering

- AO

- improved stencils

-included tanks into the sample skin

-custom and updated roughmets to go along with the weathering

- and a (still very WIP) Roughmet template

another change we made is we merged both wings into a single file, Wing R should be exported as Main 06 and Wing L should be exported as Main 07 we recommend using the sample skin folder as the base of your livery and just overwriting the files as needed to fix a couple of bugs encountered If you have any issues with the template or want help with it feel free to ping me!

Expect another (maybe even bigger!) update in the coming weeks as community contributions become added to the template,

anyway here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zk9ZKQ5XoITwYmfwZgOr3wbj1M0oKf1n?usp=sharing Best of luck and happy skinning!

Edited by Kerbo 416
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

BOth of you guys are my LOVES 

• Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Is there any guidance on how to translate between the wings?  Right wing comes up fine but I can only get left to be some weird mirror so all the text is backwards.  Flipping and rotating various ways just misaligns the template...

image.png

This is what I get with the 'correct' flip - the orientation is wrong and doesn't read correctly into the model

image.png

• Like 1

System

Monitor: RoG SWIFT PG349Q | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X | RAM: 16GB Corsair CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 | GPU: RoG STRIX GeForce 1080Ti | SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB | HDD: 2x 1TB WD 10k Velociraptor (RAID0)

Modules

DCS World: | BS2 | A10C | CA | UH1 | Mi8 | FC3 | HT1 | L39 | SA342 | F5E | M2K | NTTR | AJS37 | AV8B | F18 | PG | C101 | F16 | SC | A4E | MB339 | Falcon 4: BMS | FSX:SE

On 2/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, DHesquire said:

Is there any guidance on how to translate between the wings?  Right wing comes up fine but I can only get left to be some weird mirror so all the text is backwards.  Flipping and rotating various ways just misaligns the template...

image.png

This is what I get with the 'correct' flip - the orientation is wrong and doesn't read correctly into the model

image.png

yep this one is our fault sorry, main 06 has to be flipped vertically

On 2/18/2021 at 12:54 AM, TJTAS said:

Would it be possible to get a description of which aircraft parts are on which template please?.

Main 01: Cockpit and surrounding areas
Main 02: top middle fuselage 

main 03: top back fuselage
Main 04: bottom front fuselage 
Main 05: Bottom Rear fuselage

Main 06: Right Wing
Main 07: Left wing
Main 08: Rudder
Main 09: Tail and pylons

On 2/13/2021 at 8:59 PM, DHesquire said:

image.png

image.png

updated template with correct flip

12 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

Main 01: Cockpit and surrounding areas
Main 02: top middle fuselage 

main 03: top back fuselage
Main 04: bottom front fuselage 
Main 05: Bottom Rear fuselage

Main 06: Right Wing
Main 07: Left wing
Main 08: Rudder
Main 09: Tail and pylons