Douglas A-26 Invader/B-26K Counter-Invader

VFMFlyer

With the upcoming Mosquito module from ED, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in seeing the Douglas A-26 Invader series of bomber come to DCS. As someone who worked as a volunteer at a flying museum that currently operates an A-26B Invader and a B-26K Counter Invader, I would personally love to see this light bomber in DCS. 

I absolutely would buy this as soon as it dropped...

But your statement of being a volunteer for a pair of A-26's, (a 'B' and 'K' specifically), is what piqued my curiosity...

Other than my home state, I don't know of any other location in the world where 2 A-26's (specifically a 'B' and a 'K' as you mentioned) are maintained/hangared within a short drive of each other.. 

Anyway, hopefully we can get people on the A-26 bandwagon..

Edited by =DROOPY=

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

"Other than my home state, I don't know of any other location in the world where 2 A-26's (specifically a 'B' and a 'K' as you mentioned) are maintained/hangared within a short drive of each other" 

I was in Texas, at the time. Kind of narrows it down. 

Maybe a B-25 Mitchell or the PBJ variant.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I did some time with the Mitchell, as well. Reason I chose the Invader over the Mitchell is that the Invader usually has a crew of 3 or 4 (dependent upon the mission), whereas the Mitchell has a crew of 5 or 6 (also dependent upon the mission). Would probably make it easier to code. 

Very late war model for DCS WW2...

... quite a few posts recently suggesting early-mid war planes sets to get a better balance of capabilities (and easier flight characteristics?)

Mossie B IV would be easier, Ju-88 for Axis (and 190 F-8 or earlier jabo) 

On 12/31/2020 at 12:31 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

The Invader would definitely get my money!!

One other possible candidate is the P-61 Black Widow.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I agree that the Black Widow would make a great addition to DCS WWII however, as interesting a plane as it was, I feel like the Douglas Invader would lend itself to a much wider audiance within DCS World. Not only was it an excellent medium bomber in WWII, it operated very successfully in Korea and several more conflicts, such as the Bay of Pigs operation, Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia and several other operations throughout the African continent.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I agree that the Black Widow would make a great addition to DCS WWII however, as interesting a plane as it was, I feel like the Douglas Invader would lend itself to a much wider audiance within DCS World. Not only was it an excellent medium bomber in WWII, it operated very successfully in Korea and several more conflicts, such as the Bay of Pigs operation, Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia and several other operations throughout the African continent.

Yes. It wouldn’t be my first choice for WW2 but it does fit late war scenarios so it’s OK. As you say it could also be used for Korea, Vietnam which adds value. I’m no sure how different the WW2 and Korea, Vietnam B26s were though.

If someone decides to create a A-26, I have good audio of one starting up and idling..captured with binaural microphones while recording 4K video...

• Like 1

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

• 2 years later...
On 12/23/2020 at 12:40 PM, VFMFlyer said:

I was wondering if anyone else was interested in seeing the Douglas A-26 Invader series of bomber come to DCS

I'd love to fly the Invader on DCS, as my country (Chile) operated 38 units from 1954 to 1979 ... here is a great video showing parts of its cold start procedure and cockpit:

http://www.schoenstatt-antofagasta.cl/capa9/2015/Articulos/201511_Museo_Fach/Rudel_20120625_1000166.jpg (the image doesnt show on the forum, but you can click on it to see)

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB