BS3 still happening?

ResonantCard1

11 hours ago, XPACT said:

Such great news, I won't celebrate too early but oh boy oh boy our coaxial rotor bird is not forgotten! 😄

I hope electrical system overhaul is also planned

Indeed. It has a great potiential to be a 100% full fidelity module. It would add so much.

• Like 1

It's not dead!!!

BS303.jpg

BS302.jpg

BS301.jpg

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

6 minutes ago, Arikaj said:

Finally some "English" news. For now we had only news in Russian section. Now with this screenshots it is official.

More info in todays newsletter, which should appear soon.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It's not dead!!!

BS303.jpg

What is that ? A Ka-50 with Ka-52 wings/pylons ? Never heard of that.

Edit: erf, already a thread on that here : 

But again, I never saw a single-seat Ka-50 with 3 pylons on each wing.

All were dual-seat Ka-52.

Edited by Khallimero
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Khallimero said:

What is that ? A Ka-50 with Ka-52 wings/pylons ? Never heard of that.

Edit: erf, already a thread on that here : 

But again, I never saw a single-seat Ka-50 with 3 pylons on each wing.

All were dual-seat Ka-52.

A real life KA-50 with 6 Pylons and Iglas doesnt exist.

However, there is a KA-50 variant (the KA-50-2) with 6 pylons but its not the one we have ingame.

Ka-50-2%20Erdogan_02.jpg

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

25 minutes ago, Khallimero said:

Agreed.

So what is this BS3 nonsense ?

My guess is that ED is running short of money and that they will give the Ka-50 two extra pylons and 3 Iglas per pylon (like on the KA-52) to get as many sales as possible.

pa5k43h.png

They admit that the KA-50ED/BS3 is a fantasy helicopter and since they are just prototypes, that they can do what ever they want.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My skins

On 4/23/2021 at 6:04 AM, Arikaj said:

Indeed. It has a great potiential to be a 100% full fidelity module. It would add so much.

Is it not a full fidelity module now? I am familiar with the Huey and Hip but not really the Ka-50. But I hopped into it for a look and it looks pretty nice - my understanding is that it recently had a texture refresh.

But they're updating it once again in the near future? It would be nice to have this attention paid to the F-86 and F-5 as well, but it seems to me that the existing Ka-50 already looks pretty good inside. But again, I'm not intimately familiar with the functionality.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

So just to pick up on what Skysurfer said above - the latest screenshots no longer show the President-S system. Can anyone from ED shed a light on that? 

Below is a screenshot that's several months old that actually looks a lot more advanced/further ahead than what we see in the most recent WIP shots based on today's newsletter:

image.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

12 minutes ago, rrohde said:

So just to pick up on what Skysurfer said above - the latest screenshots no longer show the President-S system. Can anyone from ED shed a light on that?

Note: Due to new Russian Federation laws pertaining to the gathering of information of Russian military equipment, we have had to reconsider our plans to add new systems to the Ka-50. We continue to update the cockpit, as well as a highly detailed updated external model. 

from: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/254461-official-news-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4532354

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Thanks 1

My skins

If we compare the information about BS3 from the weekend news from Jan 3rd 2020 and the current newsletter, can we conlcude that this new russian law only killed the implementation of the "Integrated Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM)"? It is the only announced feature that hasn´t been mentioned.

Edited by Schnelli

Ah, roger that. So we *only* get MWS then. Bummer. 

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Can I ask about the President-S system? Will it be included in BS3?

Sorry I have no information on this.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yay, the BS3 is going to be a 100% fantasy module! I wonder why ED doesn't give it a radar, FLIR, Hellfires, Amraams, JDAMs, JSOWs, CBU-107s, Meteors, AIM-260s, SLAM-ER, Triple Mavs in every station and HARMs everywhere. Now that it's basically fantasy why not go the extra mile? People would love to get the SUPER CAPABLE KILLING MACHINE that the BS3 can become. 

So yeah hard pass on this, good job ED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

3 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

However, there is a KA-50 variant (the KA-50-2) with 6 pylons but its not the one we have ingame.

Ka-50-2%20Erdogan_02.jpg

Ugh. Ugly bastard. Alligator is def the hot cousin.

Also... Yeeet!!1! We're back in bidness, boyos!

17 minutes ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Yay, the BS3 is going to be a 100% fantasy module!

That was pretty much acknowledged a long time ago.

So yeah hard pass on this, good job ED

Weren't you the one ranting about wanting Iglas to compete with the uber1337 Apache for AirQuake? Make up your mind.

30 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

Which then again begs the question why not make a 52 to begin with?

See every thread on modern RedFor ever created. It's going to be missing most of the stuff that actually makes a 52 unique, and is at best a ''lightly modified'' variation of what we already have. It changes relatively little. A 52 would change quite a lot.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 5

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

That was pretty much acknowledged a long time ago.

At least back then it didn't have that third pylon...

16 minutes ago, Mars Exulte said:

Weren't you the one ranting about wanting Iglas to compete with the uber1337 Apache for AirQuake? Make up your mind.

I don't remember asking for them, but let's say I did. This being a simulator (or at least a game that tries to represent *real* aircraft in a *reallistic* way), if the Ka-50 couldn't use Iglas then it can't get them no matter how hard people asks for them. I haven't seen anything actually saying that it can mount them, let alone use them.

EDIT: It'd be a different matter if it could mount them and use them but ED chose to not add them (for example the tandem bomb racks in the MiG-29 9.13S). 

Edited by ResonantCard1
Expanded a bit
  • Like 1

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum