Multiplayer Server List - Region Dropdown as Multi-Select

Wesjet

One thing that I have thought may be useful to users is to have the Region dropdown on the server browser function as a series of checkboxes - a multi-select option for the filter. 

I say this because I have noticed from my own list, as a North American user that I see servers in Asia load before I see some nearby North American servers populate the list by more than a few seconds. Servers within the Asia-Pacific region for me have too high of a ping to be properly playable anyway, so it would be nice to filter them out and see more of the ones I could potentially make use of & sooner as the list loads.

This would equally work for users of other regions to say, filter out North America and/or Europe as they desire.

A small quality of life improvement I think would benefit the community at large, and is more user-friendly than changing between regional filters in case you want to look through more than one region at a time.

• Like 3

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

• 4 months later...

DCS is way more popular today than it was way back when the current server browser was introduced. Success sometimes brings a need for changes. That’s a good thing. And this is a good idea. 

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.