TrueGrit - a natural developer of the DCS F-4F (and DCS Tornado)

Volator

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 7:45 PM, QuiGon said:

The Shrike was basically just a slightly changed Sparrow with a different seeker that was pre-programmed on the ground. It didn't require any integration into the aircrafts systes besides arming and launching it. I'm not even sure if it even offered more enhanced integration.

This film tells another story, worth the time:

The origins of ARM

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, QuiGon said:

How about we let them develop the Eurofighter first, which will keep them bussy for the next years?
Maybe someone else will already be working on the F-4 or the Tornado by then.

Damn straight man. Let them work on something REALLY cool without bogging them down with other BS expectations. The F-4 had it's uses, just like school buses and garbage trucks have their uses. There's a good reason for creating a flight *simulator*. If you wanna fly crusty, rusty old jet fighters with more mileage on them than the Space Shuttle, move to Canada and join our Air Force 🤣

DCS Typhoon is the ONLY thing I've looked forward to in this sim for many years now, besides DCS F-22 Raptor. Everything else is just bug fixes and eye candy.

AD

• Like 1

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

15 hours ago, Aluminum Donkey said:

Damn straight man. Let them work on something REALLY cool without bogging them down with other BS expectations. The F-4 had it's uses, just like school buses and garbage trucks have their uses. There's a good reason for creating a flight *simulator*. If you wanna fly crusty, rusty old jet fighters with more mileage on them than the Space Shuttle, move to Canada and join our Air Force 🤣

DCS Typhoon is the ONLY thing I've looked forward to in this sim for many years now, besides DCS F-22 Raptor. Everything else is just bug fixes and eye candy.

AD

Uhm, I actually want to have a playable F-4 in DCS much more than a Eurofighter, as I find the F-4 much more engaging and versatile than the flying computer that does everything for you (= Eurofighter).

That said, TrueGrit is working on a Eurofighter and not on an F-4, so they should indeed focus on the task at hand, which is the Eurofighter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Both the F4 & EF would be a dream to have in DCS, but of the F-4's I'm mostly wanting the F-4E which ED are said to make at some point, so I'm fine with TG developing another aircraft after the EF.

If they want to stick to the modern, and similar aerodynamic layout, then one of the other eurocanards would be really cool if possible.

Edited by Hummingbird

On 4/15/2021 at 11:06 AM, Aluminum Donkey said:

"...REALLY cool without bogging them down with other BS expectations."

🤮 This statement is subject to interpretation and... well... sorry, but you're interpretation of what's "REALLY cool" is all wrong.  Only my opinion of course.

Honestly, the birds I find cool are those that saw action during Vietnam, before all this FBW BS came about.  Let them work on what's on the list below, which I believe to be "REALLY cool," before bogging them down with BS FBW expectations.   😁

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/vietnam-war-aircraft.php

✌️☮️✌️

3 hours ago, Baaz said:

🤮 This statement is subject to interpretation and... well... sorry, but you're interpretation of what's "REALLY cool" is all wrong.  Only my opinion of course.

Honestly, the birds I find cool are those that saw action during Vietnam, before all this FBW BS came about.  Let them work on what's on the list below, which I believe to be "REALLY cool," before bogging them down with BS FBW expectations.   😁

https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/vietnam-war-aircraft.php

✌️☮️✌️

Well said, and I agree with you.

But you gotta admit, the Typhoon will be a great introduction to the future world of high-detail F-22 modules and the like! 🙂

(Speaking of which, isn't the F-22 a third of a century old? So c'mon, ED!)

AD

• Like 2

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

12 minutes ago, Aluminum Donkey said:

But you gotta admit, the Typhoon will be a great introduction to the future world of high-detail F-22 modules and the like! 🙂

I will neither confirm nor deny any such statement at this time.

• Like 1

I don't get this thread
A new 3rd party dev joins DCS, and right after that, before their 1st module is out, or even nearing completion, there's already people asking for other things 🤨
Let TrueGrit finish what they said they would, and then start working on another module before making posts like this...
One RAZBAM is enough...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

On 4/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, QuiGon said:

Uhm, I actually want to have a playable F-4 in DCS much more than a Eurofighter, as I find the F-4 much more engaging and versatile than the flying computer that does everything for you (= Eurofighter).

That said, TrueGrit is working on a Eurofighter and not on an F-4, so they should indeed focus on the task at hand, which is the Eurofighter.

From an aircraft handling point of view, you're certainly right, but I'd argue that the Eurofighter is just as engaging. Just more focus on systems management than aircraft handling. The F-4 will be done eventually, there is no chance it's not going to be a thing. Don't worry. 🙂

(says the guy who has his dream fighter in the game already... hehe)

• Like 3

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

3 hours ago, Slant said:

From an aircraft handling point of view, you're certainly right, but I'd argue that the Eurofighter is just as engaging. Just more focus on systems management than aircraft handling.

But the F-4 needs a dedicated crewmember to manage the systems, while the Eurofighter does not, hence I would argue the Phantom is much more engaging system wise (if you play as RIO/WSO). It's already incredible engaging and rewarding to fiddle with the radar, LANTIRN and INS in the Tomcat and I think the Phantom would be very similar in this regard.

In the Eurofighter the computer does all that for you (similar to the F-16/F-18).

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have a soft spot for the Typhoon because of Ace Combat series. It's a consistently good, high-end plane in all but the 3 (where it's the starter plane, this being a very futuristic entry in the series). 🙂 AC gameplay might be silly, but it's a fun plane game (and both music and writing are quite impressive). Usually I'm not one to go for a flying computer without a 50% discount, but I might make an exception here.

16 hours ago, QuiGon said:

But the F-4 needs a dedicated crewmember to manage the systems, while the Eurofighter does not, hence I would argue the Phantom is much more engaging system wise (if you play as RIO/WSO). It's already incredible engaging and rewarding to fiddle with the radar, LANTIRN and INS in the Tomcat and I think the Phantom would be very similar in this regard.

In the Eurofighter the computer does all that for you (similar to the F-16/F-18).

Oh, yeah you're absolutely right. I didn't realise you were talking specifically about the multicrew component. I think suffice to say that DCS is going to have something for every taste and every situation. Although, I'll say this: For all the automation you get in the modern fighters and presumably even more in the Typhoon, it's still a lot easier to become task saturated in the modern fighters. Having that second guy in your back seat is absolutely priceless for task management. If you have a competent RIO/WSO, that is. 🙂

• Like 1

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

6 hours ago, Slant said:

it's still a lot easier to become task saturated in the modern fighters.

That describes it better! :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg