VSN Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Hawkeye60

10 hours ago, Ghostrider142 said:

Awesome thank you

No prob. Enjoy.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

VAQ136title.jpg

Inspired by @Tomcatter87 I have tried my hand at skinning too! I am happy to present two VAQ-136 skins from the early 2000s.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321550/

Looks really good - so do the Hawkeyes. I especially like the 2000s era, so I'll build them into my Marianas missions from that timeframe.

• Thanks 2

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

1 hour ago, Tomcatter87 said:

Looks really good - so do the Hawkeyes. I especially like the 2000s era, so I'll build them into my Marianas missions from that timeframe.

Thank you sir! I have a few more skins for CVW-5, just waiting for them to be authorized on the dcs download page. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The A6A is not showing in my aircraft dropdown, but nothing has changed in my mods folder since I last used it. It is still in Mods/tech/aircraft. The E2D mod right next to it is working.

Any trouble shooting ideas?

Edit: Wrong thread, but if you have an answer still appreciated

Edited by Ghostrider142

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Ghostrider142:

The A6A is not showing in my aircraft dropdown, but nothing has changed in my mods folder since I last used it. It is still in Mods/tech/aircraft. The E2D mod right next to it is working.

Edit: Wrong thread, but if you have an answer still appreciated

Mods/tech/aircraft is a invalid path, it should be Mods/aircraft.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ghostrider142 said:

The E2D is not a Mod, but a DCS native AI aircraft. Check to see that the Historic Filter is not enabled on your Mission Editor (the clock thingy on the status bar), as that feature is not compatible with unofficial units.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So it was the fact that I at some point put them in a folder called aircraft, but I never knew what that watch/clock button did despite using ME for a long time, thank you both.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, 313 SQN JD said:

Is it me or is this mod not working in 2.8?

It works on my OB 2.8:

fjXeIUB.jpg

1 hour ago, 313 SQN JD said:

I downloaded the file that has only the shape file in it and put it in my saved games folder under Mods>Aircraft but its not showing in DCS.

Looks like a corrupt download, my EA6 folder looks like this:

1oS5rEU.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 months later...

So I'm new to DCS and was happy to see this mod - even happier when I was able to install it and actually see it in a mission I created, but I don't see any way to add stores in the mission editor.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

F-18C/F-14/P-51/F-86 Pico4/Quest2 VR with Intel Core i9 3.0GHZ 24 -Core, 16GB, GeForce RTX 4070 ti

9 minutes ago, 2circle said:

So I'm new to DCS and was happy to see this mod - even happier when I was able to install it and actually see it in a mission I created, but I don't see any way to add stores in the mission editor.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

Create a new loadout.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

4 hours ago, 2circle said:

Thank you so much - worked great!

You´re welcome. Glad i could help.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, this looks great!  I have been trying to find this (hiding in plane sight) for a few weeks since starting the Operation Hormuz Hornet campaign found in the ED downloads.  In the opening mission the designer uses an S-3 in place of a Prowler.  Mission works great, but I was hoping to insert this into it and play with the actually intended AI aircraft.

Mission starts with the S-3 on Cat-1 as shown below.

image.png

When I go into the mission editor and replace the S-3 with the EA-6B, DCS doesn't recognize the Prowler and spawns another Hornet on Cat-1 (its a busy deck at the beginning of this mission) which merges the models.  The merged planes break the mission and the clogs the deck.  Nothing takes off from Cat-1 or Cat-2.

image.png

I downloaded both zip files from the OP (shown below)

image.png

I replaced the content of the first zip with the content from the "Taxi_collision" file.  I've also tried is without the "Taxi_collision" file and get the same results shown above.

I'll post the mission in case anyone wants to test on their machine.  Replace the S-3 with the Unit Name "Dodge 1-1" with the Prowler and fly.  You'll spawn into a Hornet waiting for the Cats to free up.

image.png

Hopefully, I've messed up the install somehow and the Prowler can work in this mission.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist!

Operation Hormuz Mission 01.miz

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 3 months later...

After reading this thread, I have 2 questions: Does this mod perform any jamming functions or employ electronic warfare on targets? Or does it fly around, shoot HARMs, and look nice?

Edited by GeoS72

Flies around, shoots HARMs and looks great!  Someone posted a couple months ago (I can't find it, youtube/forum/hoggit... etc) with some triggers for SAM sites to make it look like it is jamming a radar.

• Like 2

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg