List of clickable cockpits

Fantomas

hi guys, merry xmas!

by now i have spent most of my (rookie) time flying the huey. now i am looking for a new aircraft to try. important to me is that the cockpit is fully clickable, cause i use a vr-headset.

is there a list somwhere where i can see which aircraft-modules have a clickable cockpit?

cheers
seb

Just the FC3 planes that don't have clickable cockpits.  See the list on the FC3 DCS shop page. (I can't remember them all!)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 minutes ago, Fantomas said:

you mean this page?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

so theses [F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S  and Su-25] modules do not have a clickable cockpit, and any other one has?

Yep, that’s the one. They are the only ones you can buy without clickable cockpits. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

thanks!

is there a jet you guys recommend with clickable cockpit which is not only suited for air-to-air combat but also for attacking ground targets? i like flying on the buddyspike blueflag servers ...

Edited by Fantomas

F/A-18C is both mature and an advanced aircraft, F-16C is still a little bare-bones, but still pretty good, JF-17 is extremely modern, though it has a few missing bits, and the F-14 is superb in quality and quite mature, too, but it's an older plane, so it's a bit trickier to fly, and you have to deal with the AI backseater. Also, F/A-18C and F-14 can both do carrier operations, though they can be operated from land as well.

thanks for all the input, i will have a closer look at these!

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Also, F/A-18C and F-14 can both do carrier operations

does that mean that only these two aircrafts are able/allowed to start and land on the supercarrier?

3 minutes ago, Fantomas said:

thanks for all the input, i will have a closer look at these!

does that mean that only these two aircrafts are able/allowed to start and land on the supercarrier?

Correct (and the Harrier too but it can’t do air to air)

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Make it super easy for you :

If it costs $40+ it's fully modeled. It's $20 or less, it's simplified.

As for which aircraft does what, the descriptions for the individual models and wikipedia will provide you 10,000x more information than any forum comments are going to, and you might as well get used to reading, you're going to be doing a lot of it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The FA 18C Hornet along with the Super Carrier = bliss.

Just sayin.

:thumbsup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 12/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, Fantomas said:

thanks!

is there a jet you guys recommend with clickable cockpit which is not only suited for air-to-air combat but also for attacking ground targets? i like flying on the buddyspike blueflag servers ...

You'd probably like the Hornet. It's a very good A2A platform and very good for A2G as well.

It's not the very best at either--but very good at both, which is why they built it 🙂  The F-16 module is still very unfinished. The Hornet has more 'goodies' functioning.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It is a lot easier the other way around, list of non-clickable cockpits:

- Su-25T and Su-25
- MiG-29 (currently, all versions)

- Su-27, Su-33, and J-11A

- F-15C

- A-10(only the A is not clickable)

All other flyable aircraft modules are clickable.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script