Performance of my rig?

Speedy4GT

So ive been playing DCS for a little over a year now. 

My current setup is a 

I5-6500 3.2GHz

16GB of DDR3 RAM unknown speed

GTX 1060 6GB

Ive been getting an average of about 25-30FPS when playing and i very commonly even drop to 1 frame for a few second which has been very annoying (dont ask how i have coped playing like this for a year i do not know myself lol) 

But ive went out on a limb and treated myself this christmas.

My new rig consists of:

Ryzen 5 5600x (going to get it overclocked not sure what speed just yet) 

32GB of DDR4 3600mhz Corsair vengeance RAM 

ASUS TUF 570x motherboard 

New m.2 that will be dedicated for DCS as currently i have it stored on a HDD which may be the cause of a decent chunk of my problems 

But i am keeping the same GPU so GTX 1060 6GB

I'm just wondering if this upgrade will give any significant boost to my performance? 

Im quite new to building PCs and dont quite understand all of the technical side of things and how everything works so sorry if ive made myself sound stupid but any information on the performance i can expect would be nice :)

Yes, the card will remain the limiting factor but the rest of the system will FLY! The nVME will make a big difference by reducing the stutters - also hugely helped by the RAM increase.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Speedy4GT,

Looking good man! I bet that new 5600X processor kicks ass. Make sure you use FAST memory with it to get the very best performance out of it. The newest AMD processors need fast memory to run at their best performance--more than 3000 MHz memory is needed, I think 3200 to 3600+ is recommended. If your RAM has an XMP profile (high speed) make sure you enable it in BIOS so that CPU will really rip!

The limiting factor here is your graphics card, which is woefully inadequate for DCS. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for a used GTX 1080 Ti (not the regular 1080, but the Ti version, 11 GB) which is an older card, but is still a beast, and DCS works well with it. Alternatively, hang in there and get either an RTX 3080, or an AMD 6800 XT when they become available. They won't be cheap, but at the same time, you won't be disappointed.

Stay away from intermediate cards like RTX 20x0 series. They cost too much and don't deliver the performance for the buck. Save your cash and hang in there for the *really* good stuff to become available.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!