Groups vs Singles Performance Impact

Glide

I have one mission on the PG map that always dips in FPS and then recovers.  I start out in Dubai Intl at 70-80pfs, but it dips down to 40 fps as I cross over to Fujairiah.  I suspected the ground action was causing the dip because as units got eliminated I would see the fps rise back up to 90-100 in the dogfight portion.  Deleting the ground units cleared up the dip, but wasn't very satisfying.  So, I made every Group into a single unit rather than deleting them all.  This cleared up the dip in fps, however the cause is still out there.  Just another tip for tuning up your favorite missions.  Cheers!

• Like 2

Sure!  I started out using the mission generator to create my missions.  It will give you a Group of 4 T-90's, for example, and multiple groups of different types along with Groups that have only one unit in them, like a Vulcan AA unit.   Remove all but one unit from the T-90 group.  Then use Crtl-C and Crtl-V to balance the mission if you need more units.  Do this for all the generated Groups, and the mission will be lighter, and more efficient, but still provide the same light-show entertainment.

I've been doing this for my AI flights and my carrier groups for a couple of days now, and it seems to me that the AI is more aggressive as a single unit.  ie. 2 single-ship flights are more aggressive than one two-ship flight.  I believe it's easier to balance the missions this way.