ARH Missile Guidance Failure Upon Reacquisition of TWS Track after Loss

THE KING

This bug report is similar to the one I wrote up about two ago explaining how ARH missiles go ballistic upon complete loss of TWS tracking. 

However this one that I have discovered recently is much more of a game breaker and has robbed me a handful of kills within the last couple of weeks. If a TWS track is reacquired on a target after it is lost and after a fox three launch, the missile will continue to fly in a straight line, reverting to 1g flight. It will almost always miss the target. The only chance the missile has to hit the target is if when the seeker head goes active, the target is within its radar cone. However, this usually means the missile drastically has to correct its course to intercept the target resulting in a catastrophic loss of energy. I have included tracks outlining this bug for the Aim-120C, SD-10, and Aim-54C. All tracks were recorded in Open Beta 2.5.6.59625

Aim-54 Guidance Failure .trk Aim-54 Guidance Failure 2 .trk AIm-120 Guidance Failure 1.trk AIm-120 Guidance Failure 2.trk SD-10 Guidance Failure .trk

Edited by THE KING

For the AIM-54 thats how it works IRL, it cannot be recovered from a lost track, HB has stated that.

image.png

As for the AIM-120, according to one of the testers/staff this is intended behavior from ED, I do not know if this is how it works IRL.

SD-10 uses same AIM-120 scheme so its gonna do the same as an AMRAAM.

Edited by dundun92

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

For the AIM-54 thats how it works IRL, it cannot be recovered from a lost track, HB has stated that.

image.png

As for the AIM-120, according to one of the testers/staff this is intended behavior from ED, I do not know if this is how it works IRL.

SD-10 uses same AIM-120 scheme so its gonna do the same as an AMRAAM.

With regards to the Aim-120 and Sd-10, was this just recently implemented? I don’t seem to recall an Aim-120 or SD-10 I fired going stupid if I reacquired a TWS track on the target. Just this last update seemed to change it. As for the Aim-54, this behavior does make sense seeing as how it is an older missile. 

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

With regards to the Aim-120 and Sd-10, was this just recently implemented? I don’t seem to recall an Aim-120 or SD-10 I fired going stupid if I reacquired a TWS track on the target. Just this last update seemed to change it. As for the Aim-54, this behavior does make sense seeing as how it is an older missile. 

this was recent yes

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg