SIMAPP Pro Setup

chase

I hope this helps others as I spend quite a bit of time reading and watching to learn how to set up the Flight and Combat Panels with the information which is out there. Anyway, since it's fresh in my mind and there is no real manual for installing this software here you go. 

First Go into your DCS custom settings folder under saved games and make a backup of your orig key bindings, just in case you want to go back for what ever reason. 

1. Plug in your Panels. ( Use the USB's which are connected to your MB, not a HUB. ) ( You can likely change this after init setup to a Powered hub if you like ) Windows will then automatically install the drivers. Like any other Joystick. 

2. Next Download the SIMAPP Pro Software for windows here. https://www.wwsimstore.com/home/simapp_pro/

3. Run the Exe like any other, and you will then get a message to likely update the firmware. 

a. Keep in mind you will need to update the firmware on each device. ( Clicking on the device tab at top to select which unit ) then select "Firmware Update". Then use the back arrow at top to go back to device screen and select the other and same process. 

Now you have updated both units. ( Keep in mind while the firmware is updating, the back lighting will go out, do not be alarmed it will come back on )

Make sure you do not loose power or unplug the units during the firmware update. Maybe use a batt backup or something like that. 

4. Next Log into your account at the top right. ( Same Log in as the main Winwing website which you made the account with. ) 

5. CLick the Cog Wheel ( Settings ) At the top right and configure the app to connect to the sim. DCS World Open beta, and choose the path to the root Dir of the game ( not the settings, as the app will find that automatically as you will see. ). Now the app knows where to put setting. 

6. Next Click on the tab "Key Bindings"  It should be default select DCS and the Hornet Module.. At the very top you will see the controllers, Eg. Flight panel, or Battle Panel. Choose one to update at a time. On the right side you will see the option to download some Key binds. You can search varies aircraft from here as well. But to keep it simple select the "Default" Set and click download. 

6a. Now click the "RUN" green Button. This will program the settings for you, even with the game not running yet. 

7. Now do the same process for the other panels. You have to download the key bindings for each controller. 

8. Under the device tab, click on the unit to adjust the back-light. That is controlled by the slider on the right side. It's set at max brightness by default. 

8a. You can also throw switches here and see that they are connected 

9. Now Load up DCS, FA18 Hornet. And everything will be connected. Took me about 30 minutes. If I had read something like this first. Maybe 5 minutes to set up. 

10. You can use the DCS Controls options to change any of the bindings. Like I did with the Fuel Prob. I swapped out the Hook BYpass for the Fuel Prob. You don't need to do anything in the app after the init download. All other settings can be done normally.  

Downloading these default settings for the panels did not mess up any other setting which I had. 

11. If you want to make it where some of the switches work 100% accurately; Like three positions has some issues. But it works good enough for me. But I found this guy's post where he supplies a Lua script to make these settings work better. I will link below, but I have not downloaded it, so I can not say if it works with the current version of DCS or not. 

Hopefully this will save some time for others. 

Happy Holiday's

Dave. Chase1399

Hornet Driver. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Don't forget to calibrate your A/B detent as well

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 2 months later...

Chase,

I followed your steps but for example and went to River Run Mission. and had no control of the plan. I assume we can only start missions that are begin C&D.

Edited by MrScott
error in Subject

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

• 3 months later...

MANY THANKS FOR THIS! Saved a a lot of headache! Got the Combat Panel working perfectly. Have the Landing Panel on order. Good stuff.

[edit] I shared this post/link to Reddit r/hotas to help others out. Thanks again for a life saver.

---

Edited by Noluck
added link to Reddit r/hotas
  • Thanks 1

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

I haven't gone beyond assigning buttons to actions in DCS, but I assume that you can also assign keystrokes to buttons on the Orion? I looked for some info, but documentation for SimApp Pro is pretty non-existant.  Does anyone have a link to share?

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 6/18/2021 at 7:59 AM, Chris P said:

I haven't gone beyond assigning buttons to actions in DCS, but I assume that you can also assign keystrokes to buttons on the Orion?

I'm not sure i understand your question. Keystrokes?. I would assume my instructions would apply to all their products.  Just search for Orion instead of battle panel. Then let it assign the commands. I did this post due to the lack of information on SimAppPro. Not sure what links you are looking for. There is no instruction for this software other than what WW supplies on their download page which is not much.

29 minutes ago, chase said:

There is no instruction for this software other than what WW supplies on their download page which is not much.

Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing. Since I've taken the time to already program everything thru DCS, I'm not going to switch to a different profile, I was looking for some guidance on assigning, say Ctrl F12 to one of the buttons to re-center my TrackIR.  It’s just not intuitive enough to figure out (at least for me, and I got decent at Foxy programming for my old Cougar).  Someday I'll have time to dig and try to work it out.  Maybe Joy2key is the answer.

Edited by Chris P
spelling

Chris P

'Nascar'

Raleigh NC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, Chris P said:

say Ctrl F12 to one of the buttons to re-center my TrackIR. 

I too use TrackIr. I use trackir's software to bind a key to recenter. So i do that outside of DCS. As for switching to a different profile, you can try to save what you have, that way you can swap back if you want. You click on the controller at top then save as a new profile. You could also save all your key bindings which are stored under user/saved games. Then once you have backed everything up, then try to download a profile and see if you like it.

DCS could use better control assignments For sure. 

• 1 year later...

It's nice and works, but it's a shame all I saw was F/A-18C profile's for my Winwing items.  Winwing Joystick Base 1 + F18 Grip, Winwing Orion Throttle Base II + F18 Handle and both Combat & Takeoff Panels.

Nothing for most of the other planes and Helo's, nothing....  Am I the only one using these?  I would have thought there would have been profiles for all the Winwing items and DCS 

Good gear but the time it takes to learn their stuff and no support in English makes me question my purchase a little.  

I would much rather assign my own with in dcs then use someone else's profile. We all have different preferences and I think that's why most do their own. It's not complicated either. And using simapp pro to customize some controls is pretty straight forward. 

I'm now looking for a buttons controller to assign keyboard/radio menu to that is compact and can add to my pit.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Followed the steps exactly and none of it is working. The panels and joystick all work and test fine in simapp pro but nothing loads in DCS. When I heck the controls it never imported any of the profiles.

EDIT: think I got it for some reason the run button doesnt work but after three restarts it works for now

Edited by Sorata

Assign inputs in DCS, it's not that hard!

• 2 months later...

So any idea on how to set curves in SimAppPro? VirtualDevice, adjust curves and then just "start mapping" leads to a 2s run and then stops. Mapping is saved, curve adjustment profile green. No change in the curves however.

Never thought I would like to have T.A.R.G.E.T. back one day...

There is no ability to set curves in Simappro. Set it in DCS. Six message threads below this also answered your question

Edited by MustangSally

• 10 months later...

Does anybody know the Path to where SimAppPro saves the LOCAL FILES?  I would like to be able to back them up.  I looked in C:\Program Files(86)\Simapppro; Users/xxx/AppData, My Documents and C:\ProgramData but found nothing..

LOCAL FILE Local file is a path to save the downloaded binding files. Players only need to sign in SIMAPP Pro, select the binding file in the “CLOUD FILE”, and click "DOWNLOAD" and it will be successfully saved to “LOCAL FILE”. It’s unnecessary to repeatedly download the binding files. When they log in SIMAPP Pro on different computes, all downloaded binding files will be automatically synchronized with the users account.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I wish that was it.  I don't know what that is for...

But I have downloaded profiles for different aircraft, that are not in that folder.  And saved one of my other device's profiles, and it's not there either.  

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this is a bug with a new version of SimApp Pro or what, but I just built up a new computer.  Sim App Pro completely useless.  It will install but then a Javascript error comes up.  The app will "run" but not run.  Windows has it as running but it doesn't do anything/no windows pop up for it, nothing...  

java error.jpg

4 hours ago, 104th Charlie Fox said:

Not sure if this is a bug with a new version of SimApp Pro or what, but I just built up a new computer.  Sim App Pro completely useless.  It will install but then a Javascript error comes up.  The app will "run" but not run.  Windows has it as running but it doesn't do anything/no windows pop up for it, nothing...  

java error.jpg

Winwing do have a Knowledge base on their site which will provide you with the fix. This is a well known issue with Windows. Just a few message threads below also provides the answer....

Edited by MustangSally

At the moment I'm having also problems with the software, which entered the "necessary" lines in the first place in the export.lua every time it was started and then the export didn't work. (No output on the UFC)
The wwtlfs lines was entered by simmappro at the beginning of the lua, but already present at the end. Simappro's check to see whether the lines are in export.lua appears to be broken.

If I deleted the first 2 lines from wwtlfs  it worked. If i deleted the last lines... nothing worked. So I left the lines in there that are at the end of export.lua

But the next time simmpparo started it was there again... 2 times the exportlines for wwtlfs. Totally annoying.
In the end I had to set the export.lua to "read-only" so that I didn't have to delete the wrong lines every time.

Edited by maikchaos

In the SETTINGS part of SimAppPro put a tick in the box beside "Close the modification of Export.lua file....".  Then it won't check and re-add every time you run it.

Note that it may get unchecked after a SimAppPro update (at least that seems to have happened to me).

3 hours ago, maikchaos said:

At the moment I'm having also problems with the software, which entered the "necessary" lines in the first place in the export.lua every time it was started and then the export didn't work. (No output on the UFC)
The wwtlfs lines was entered by simmappro at the beginning of the lua, but already present at the end. Simappro's check to see whether the lines are in export.lua appears to be broken.

If I deleted the first 2 lines from wwtlfs  it worked. If i deleted the last lines... nothing worked. So I left the lines in there that are at the end of export.lua

But the next time simmpparo started it was there again... 2 times the exportlines for wwtlfs. Totally annoying.
In the end I had to set the export.lua to "read-only" so that I didn't have to delete the wrong lines every time.

The manual does go into the settings

5 hours ago, MustangSally said:

The manual does go into the settings

My PC locked up on me after a windows update and the key binding I had using the Formation and Positions dials no longer work, the are not recognize in the setting for DCS.  I was using them for my propeller and mixture controls for the DCS P-51, any idea how to correct this? I have the Winwing Super Taruas Throttle Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |