sunlight reflected on cockpit glass even when i'm behind a mountain

aledmb

Do you have shadows turned "Off"?

For me, if I turn them off I get very strange lighting issues. If I'm flying toward the sun, my cockpit and instrument panel seem to bleed light round all straight edges. And the cockpit floor will light up like a Christmas tree, which should be impossible considering the sun is AHEAD of me.

To eliminate, simply turn shadows to at least Low.  The weird effects aren't worth a few extra fps IMHO.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• ED Team

please include a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

54 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

please include a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

sorry, i should have done this before.

here's a clip showing my issue... you can see that everything made of glass continues reflecting the sunlight as if it was still hitting the plane.

• Like 1