Cockpit 3D model problem (in both variant, L-39C and ZA too)

59th_Reaper

Hi!

I found a 3D problem in the cockpits. Some vertex are missed (and some unnecessary are appearing on the curtain) from the front and rear cockpit also.

And one more thing: the spiral cable is disappearing, when the cockpit is opened. When you starting to close the canopy, the cable is appearing.

S!

L-39 report.jpg

• Thanks 4

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

i confirm this

cbcvb.png

visible in pilots seat, when you look behind you from right side. only every other triange is visible. might be some issue with culling/normal vectors.

also notice the errorneous shadows of the screws and the metal plate they are on.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 5 months later...

Really loving the L-39, but I am experiencing exactly the same bugs in the cockpit-view of the L-39C and L-39ZA. "dorianR666" uses an AMD-graphics card, I am running DCS on 2 PCs, both with nvidia RTX-graphics cards and both showing the same bug. So I guess it occurs for everyone...

First reported in winter, now we are in July, when can we expect that this bug will be fixed?

Thank you very much in advance for also bugfixing the older planes like the L-39, which really is a joy to fly...

Edited by Ice__
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought the module today and found these giant spikes flying around outside the cockpit. I nearly refunded it. Till I saw this thread.

The fix to this is just to make sure you have the flight stick visible, if you hide it you get these spikes everywhere.

This is the worst module I own for Graphic bugs by far, quite a few little places around the cockpit edges are flickery. A little disappointed as the C101CC seems like a better deal as it doesnt have any issues im aware of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

L-39 is ex-belsimtek. Ex-belsimtek guys are now probably busy with the AH-64 and it's very unlikely they can put their hands on fixing bugs in older modules, let alone make an upgrade.

This is DCS, take it or leave it.

I have recently bought the korea war jets: they are quite old, there are a few bugs and certainly they're not updated, but still they are beautiful simulators and I like them a lot (especially the mig-15).

A good strategy is to buy the modules when they seem abandoned: you take advantage of the best discounts and anyway, sooner or later, ED puts his hand back to them, makes a nice free upgarde and raises the price. It is therefore better to have already purchased them when they had the maximum discount. Just don't be in a hurry to see the upgrade, sooner or later it comes.

Edited by nessuno0505

10 hours ago, dssrtfx said:

Related to this problem in that it's a cockpit 3D model problem, my pilot's arm keeps doing this, wildly stretching and flailing and obscuring my view.

l-39 arm.jpg

ancient bug that ED knows about for years

workaround is to enable the stick to be rendered:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

It is really sad that ED does not have a clear position regarding this module. Many texture bugs have been reported in the past months and nothing done about it. 

I really have a feeling that this module is being let down... 

Scrat

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, Franc_SIX said:

@BIGNEWY

Any news regarding the matters ? it's been reported years ago and still no fix...

Thanks for your update 🙂

Franc_SIX

Hi, I have no news to share but have bumped the report

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether I just missed this floating screw-head before, but now I see it in ZA variant (not in C though):

image.png

Different angle:

image.png

And there are more new bugs in 2.9, but I'm going to report them in a different thread...

L-39 would really deserve a bit of love once again. I don't believe any refresh will come soon, but having a module that accumulates bugs and visual glitches is kind of a shame.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad I bought this at a discount. It's ok for the price  I paid I guess, but next time more research I think. it is a fun simple aircraft to fly though just useless for air combat (which is to be expected). I kind of wish I'd bought the F86 instead tbh.

22 minutes ago, sjpateys said:

I'm glad I bought this at a discount. It's ok for the price  I paid I guess, but next time more research I think. it is a fun simple aircraft to fly though just useless for air combat (which is to be expected). I kind of wish I'd bought the F86 instead tbh.

I have to admit I'm buying virtually everything during sales, it is still legitimate (I hope 🙂)... and I often also buy stuff I don't play that much in the end, but there is no remorse. L-39, whatever state it is in, was my first paid module and it is a great trainer and a joy to fly. It is probably not useful for anything serious online, but it still is quite fun. And while not that complex, it has its depth and the systems are modelled really well.

That said, yeah, bugs like these, some small, some bigger, are annoying - especially when they often take years to fix. Priorities are priorities, but I think that long-time bugs kinda "integrate" (in the math sense) over that time. Not to mention things getting broken with updates.

But I still like L-39. Forever it will be my first module, after all. 😉

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube