I cannot figure out how to point track or area track

mclay7

Find the axis in control bindings, click on it and  then hit "Axis Tune" at the bottom, should bring up a window like this.

roll.PNG

NOTE - Image above is from something unreleated, but shows the same box, that is all.

The Deadzone slider predictably adds a deadzone to the middle. Curvature will make it less sensative around the middle as well, which can help for fine control. Saturation adjustments can help limit the maximum movement to slow the maximum speed down if its too fast.

Note all of these adjustments can be made to all other Axis bindinds in DCS. On most aircraft I set a 15 curve on most flight controls. On the F-16 because of the simulated FCS I set curviture to 0 except for the rudder which I set at 30.

You can see a live representation of the changes you're making in the big box, if you move the axis you can see what effect its having. From memory the red dot is your raw axis position and the black box is the "output" after all the changes on the right.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I’m glad you asked this question. I spent 2-3 hours last night re-reading the manual and watching tutorials because I had the same problem. I finally gave it a rest and thought the game was bugged. I wasn’t sure this was the issue for me but all I had to do was add a small dead zone and a slight curve to axis and mine works now. Just posting for others who may encounter this at some point who may overlook this as their issue. 

• Like 1

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

• 9 months later...