Any F18 campaign that isn't too hard (IE realistic)?

budguy68

I bought the aggressor campaign for the F18 but its a little too realistic and too hard for me. I am wondering if any of you know of easier campaigns that are simpler and gear towards more fun? (I know difficultly can make a game fun but I am not at that level yet..) 

3 hours ago, budguy68 said:

I bought the aggressor campaign for the F18 but its a little too realistic and too hard for me. I am wondering if any of you know of easier campaigns that are simpler and gear towards more fun? (I know difficultly can make a game fun but I am not at that level yet..) 

Have you tried the campaign that comes with the Hornet?  I don't recall the name of it - but it's a four or five mission campaign.  Really basic, somewhat fun and pretty easy.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Raven One is pretty "advanced" for someone looking for a "less realistic" mission, in my opinion.  That being said, the Raven One campaign will "force" you to use the systems in the Hornet - and is actually a great training campaign, along with being a challenging one (some parts can even be challenging for a veteran).

All that being said, I believe that the Raven One campaign is a phenomenal piece of work and very much worth the purchase.  I don't think it's for a beginner, but it can get an upper level novice to a medium+ level intermediate just by playing through the campaign.  Very informative and very well put together.  My .02

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just last week I decided to try some campaigns so I bought Raven One and Serpents Head. SO then on the home page I clicked 'campaign' instead of 'mission' for the first time. I discovered I already had a campaign called 'Hornet 1989 Task Force Challenger' so decided to try it. Turns out it is made up of the Caucuses FA-18 missions titled 'Combat Mission-Hornet 1989; Alert Five, Close Air Support, Fighter Sweep, etc. There is slight variation from the individual missions but they are all tied together and you get a score after completing each mission. This was great for me as I had been flying them already. I think this is the Campaign Ziptie is referring to. I will try Raven or Serpents next.

9 hours ago, CBStu said:

Just last week I decided to try some campaigns so I bought Raven One and Serpents Head. SO then on the home page I clicked 'campaign' instead of 'mission' for the first time. I discovered I already had a campaign called 'Hornet 1989 Task Force Challenger' so decided to try it. Turns out it is made up of the Caucuses FA-18 missions titled 'Combat Mission-Hornet 1989; Alert Five, Close Air Support, Fighter Sweep, etc. There is slight variation from the individual missions but they are all tied together and you get a score after completing each mission. This was great for me as I had been flying them already. I think this is the Campaign Ziptie is referring to. I will try Raven or Serpents next.

Correct, Task Force Challenger is the name of it, couldn't remember.

Cheers,

Ziptie