I got a virus while downloading the latest update

LuckyFromArma

It's a false detection. You should be able to add it to your AV safe/allow list if it keeps you from opening the game.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I got exactly same problem. I read about similar problem earlier from https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/ba035q/virus_alerts_from_dcs_updates/ suggesting false positives can occur with these unknown file formats.

I took the leap of fate to disable virus live check temporarily in order to continue with update.

However I would still strongly suggest in waiting for official confirmation of the issue from developer team.

2 hours ago, MrHeadfield said:

However I would still strongly suggest in waiting for official confirmation of the issue from developer team.

Been done already here on the forum (somewhere). Add the file or the entire DCS folder to the white list of your AV.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

12 minutes ago, LuckyFromArma said:

I was thinking it might have been a false detection;  although, it's not preventing me from running DCS, it's only canceling the update.

I'll wait for confirmation from the devs. before updating.

Thanks

Russia's Christmas holiday season starts in a couple of days, so consider raising a support ticket.  You may get a faster response. 

Edited by epoch

ED changed their software protection system this year. With this change all the AV false positiv errors occourred on this forum. The thing is you get different false positiv errors from your AV software, some from DCS core .dll files preventing you from starting the game(a second time), some random module .dll files crashing that module....

That said, this was only true on my end with the "real time" file check of my AV software. If i checked that specific file manually with my AV software it could not find any problem, also if you uploaded that specific file to some online AV sites for checking -> negative result. Thats why i added my DCS folder to the white list of my "real time" file check and only scan it manually, no problems so far.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings