Trimming not functional

morek99

For some weeks, trimming has no more effect in the A-10C II on my system. Trim Hat is assigned as usual on my Warthog Hotas, even the trimhead in the Virtual cockpit is moving accordingly, but the aircraft remains trimmed for approx 165 knots and can only be flown with constant nose down input on the stick.

Did a reinstall already, no joy.

Any thoughts on that?

Thank you

Mirco

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Win 10 Pro 64 - i6700K @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1080ti Gaming X OC - 32 GB DDR4 Fury X - 1x 512GB 960 Pro SSD - 1x 512GB 850 Pro SSD - TM Cougar - TM Warthog - MHG Crosswind - Rift CV1 - Track IR 5

That's a very strange issue. The trim works ok here. I suppose you are not in game mode (I don't know if the game mode supports the trim function).

The only reason I can imagine is that one of the FCS subsystems is not activated. But that could only happen in a cold start situation where you do a manual start-up.

Does the trimming show in the controls indicator (Ctrl + Enter)?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

That's a very strange issue. The trim works ok here. I suppose you are not in game mode (I don't know if the game mode supports the trim function).
The only reason I can imagine is that one of the FCS subsystems is not activated. But that could only happen in a cold start situation where you do a manual start-up.
Does the trimming show in the controls indicator (Ctrl + Enter)?

Very strange in deed. It occurs regardless of cold start or fast free flight mission. The really odd thing is., the little chevron in the Flight Control Window moves, the Hotas knobs move, the plane just doesn’t react, as if trimming was switched off completely, no way to do that in the A-10 to my knowledge

Win 10 Pro 64 - i6700K @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1080ti Gaming X OC - 32 GB DDR4 Fury X - 1x 512GB 960 Pro SSD - 1x 512GB 850 Pro SSD - TM Cougar - TM Warthog - MHG Crosswind - Rift CV1 - Track IR 5

• ED Team

Trim seems to be working here for me, can you include a short track replay showing it happen?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

First thing: double check that "Force Feedback" is switched Off in the game's options.

Some users said the option must have switched itself on with an upgrade because they never touched it.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest to...

- rename Saved Games\DCS or Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta

- start DCS with a barefoot profile, only assign the most necessary keys and controllers and try again

Somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall a similar problem which was not tied to Force Feedback. If you search the A-10C and A-10C II forums for trim problems, you should be able to find the threads about it and solve your problem.

Please let us know how it goes!

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

First thing: double check that "Force Feedback" is switched Off in the game's options.

Some users said the option must have switched itself on with an upgrade because they never touched it.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest to...
- rename Saved Games\DCS or Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta
- start DCS with a barefoot profile, only assign the most necessary keys and controllers and try again

Somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall a similar problem which was not tied to Force Feedback. If you search the A-10C and A-10C II forums for trim problems, you should be able to find the threads about it and solve your problem.

Please let us know how it goes!

The Force feedback setting was the problem. Had to look it up where to find it as I NEVER used it or checked it on before. Must have activated by itself.
Thank you guys so much for the help, now everything is working flawlessly again!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, morek99 said:

The Force feedback setting was the problem. Had to look it up where to find it as I NEVER used it or checked it on before. Must have activated by itself.
Thank you guys so much for the help, now everything is working flawlessly again!!

I have that happen like every third or fourth update. Gotten to the point of every time I get on after a patch I go straight there to make sure it hasn't been turned on.

I have that happen like every third or fourth update. Gotten to the point of every time I get on after a patch I go straight there to make sure it hasn't been turned on.

First time for me, but thank you for pointing out it may happen regularly, will check in the future, that’s for sure

To my knowledge, the Options data is stored in the "Options.lua" under "...Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\". This data should never be touched by the Update process. If it does for some users, that would be a Bug and should be investigated.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...