Touch and go - Radio menu bug?

fil72

Hi,

I have got such an issue in 2.5.6 version. When I make touch and go and I request start after landing it seems the comm menu shows in ATC the same items. Then I cannot request next approach. Is it a bug?

I simulated the issue with various planes (L-39C, Yak-52) on various airports (Krymsk, Min. Vody).

Kind Regards,

Fil

Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, L-39 Albatros, F-5E Tiger II, Ka-50, Su-33

Hi,

I think there is some problem with comm menu. After second taking off the comm menu offers just start request and flight cancel items.

I simulated it in Open Beta, but it could be also in Stable at present.

F.

I've just tested it with the Viggen. Here goes:

1/ Landing a first time at Kobuleti: comms are OK (inbound > "OK" > can I have permission to land ? > "OK" > I land > "go to taxi" > so do I).

Then, the comm menu keeps displaying nothing until I cut off my engine. Only then it displays "Request startup".

2/ Taking off from Kobuleti: comms are OK (request startup > "OK" > request taxi > "OK" > request take off > "OK" > I take off)

3/ Landing a second time at Kobuleti (same as 1).

4/ Taking off from Kobuleti (same as 2).

...and so on and so forth. As long as you cut off your engines after you've been invited to taxi, the ATC comms work very well.

TL;DR

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to ask for a new takeoff without the need to cut off your engine(s). Is that so?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi,

yes, that's what I want, and it works. But after the second take off request without engine cut off the ATC menu items of current airport do not change. Then you can choose nothing, but the request take off or cancel flight. So, it looks like the ATC menu of current airport remains blocked.

F.

Edited by fil72

Exactly, I mean stop and go, which is important for new aircraft training.

How it worked in previous versions:

1. First landing - right downwind (inbound > "OK" > can I have permission to land ? > "OK" > I land > "go to taxi")

2. Plane stops, engine goes, request for take off, permitted.

3. Flight on circuit, right downwind (inbound > "OK" > can I have permission to land ? > "OK" > I land > "go to taxi")

4. (same as 2)

How it works at present:

1. First landing - right downwind (inbound > "OK" > can I have permission to land ? > "OK" > I land > "go to taxi")

2. Plane stops, engine goes, request for take off, permitted.

3. Flight on circuit, right downwind - impossible to call "Inbound". ATC menu of the airport offers just request take off and cancel flight.

I thought we we're speaking the same language, so I decided to fly a different aircraft (Su-25T) and land on one of the airfields you were talking about (Krymsk).

I landed at Krymsk and saw I was able to ask for a takeoff without the need of cutting my engines. I took off, and then the ATC comm menu was doomed.

I then took back my Viggen and made the same landing at Krymsk, only to get the exact same result.

It seems some airfields ATC don't interact as others do.

Can you please test the same thing at Kobuleti? You should get what I described in my previous post.

Su-25T_Krymsk_ATC_test.trk AJS37_Krymsk_ATC_test.trk

Edited by Flappie
Tracks attached.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi,

with my L-39C I confirm what you got at Kobuleti. Then I requested take off without engine cutting off and the comm menu doomed.

I found the menu is doomed everytime when I request take off after landing without engine cutting off. I think it is the same for all airports - I simulated the problem in Persian Gulf, too.

F.

• ED Team

Hi

Our ATC system needs some work which is planned for the future, in short this should be resolved with the new ATC when it arrives.

thank you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,
with my L-39C I confirm what you got at Kobuleti. Then I requested take off without engine cutting off and the comm menu doomed.
I found the menu is doomed everytime when I request take off after landing without engine cutting off. I think it is the same for all airports - I simulated the problem in Persian Gulf, too.
F.

Hi! Just so you know, if you get VoiceAttack and the VAICOM plugin for it. You don't have these issues. And the best part is you say all the commands, and the menu is invisible.
It's possible to try both for free.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk