Admiral Kuznetsov

I'd like to announce that I've started work on a 3d Model to replace the Admiral Kuznetsov. I figure all the land airbases have been given wonderful make-overs and the gorgeous US Navy Mod is working on the US carrier, that the Russian carrier could use a new coat of paint.

I'm about a week into the project, so there isn't much to show. This is the first time I've ever modeled a ship so I'm going through much trial and error with different techniques. Currently I want to edge-loop pretty much the whole thing.

Aside from making a higher poly and better looking model of the ship it is my goal to fix the guns onboard, as they don't move at all when firing at incoming aircraft or missiles.

Heres a teaser render :megalol:

2560889420_6ceb14dc96_o.jpg

• Like 6

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Look forward to using it in the game , thanks for all you up-coming hard work

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I've about reached the point which the ship is no longer a mirror image on both sides. I still have a few tweaks to do to the ship to get the polys looking right. At the moment its sitting at 1500 polys. I have about 30 reference images I've found on the net, however if anyone has their own collection and is willing the share it would be highly appreciated. I have a few close-ups but for the most part they are broad whole ship images.

2579163420_fb87f9e52d_o.jpg

2579163488_4b01bee11e_o.jpg

I am glad someone tries to make new Kuznetzov, present isn't too pretty :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

A little update.

I've been working on the hull of the ship some more. I still do not have a side of the ship completely done yet. I've started to work on a few of the other essential parts of the ship. Such as defensive weapon systems. I modeled a AK-630 machine gun tonight. Its a pretty simple model 380ish polygons that I will remake and upgrade the quality of it if its within the budget.

Furthermore I havn't confirmed yet whether or not the AK-630s are actually used at all for animations within the game. As current the CADS-N-1 Kashtan defense system seems to handle all close range threats on the ships.

I plan on posting some progress shots sometime this week.

I figure I owe you guys an image update.

The first shot is what I have finished of the hull so far. I've got the next few days free so I should be able to complete the hull and start adding the details in (weapon systems, the crane, stuff like that)

I've also started to work on the tower, which right now is not worth showing as it hardly exists.

The 2nd shot is my first rough draft of the AK-630. It needs some work but its getting there.

2609952854_66ee854335_o.jpg

2606994966_22e1d79feb_o.jpg

• Like 1

Looks cool! Are you handling the skin or is someone else?

I'm going to do the initial skinning work with some assistance likely from Ruggbutt during that phase of design.