Would the VIRPIL CM2 base work for this?

metalnwood

I currently have my stick mount as in the picture.  Because I use the rig for racing I just add the stick when I need it, I prefer center mounted and I used to use an extension but how it is set up now an extension is out of the question.

I want to upgrade and wondered if the VIRPIL would let me do as (bad photoshop) pictured as it is the only way I could add an extension on my current rig.  Otherwise I can continue with my current mounting which works fine, just no extension can be used like this.  Though the warbird would be the better size base to go there between my legs.

So instead of base mounted on the piece of aluminium that lets it sit between my legs I was thinking I could put a VIRPIL base forward and lower.   This would require an extension that would offset the stick possibly up to 250mm behind the base.

I have seen the offset extensions but noe that look like they move the stick back that far.

Can anyone tell me how feasable this would be, are the springs and cam profiles enough to keep it centered when mounted that far back? 

Thx for any help.

cur.JPG

ps.JPG