Usefull hardware / software links.

ATX POWER SUPPLY FOR GAMING PC. Get a Tier 1 or Tier 2 on the lists. Or a Tier 3 if money is an issue. Anyway, a higher grade PSU will last longer.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

https://www.thetechgame.com/Archives/t=5613293/power-supply-guide-the-good-and-the-bad.html

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?108088-Official-XS-Power-Supply-Ranking-Phase-I

Or look at the warranty:

Garbage PSU= 3 year warranty

Cheap PSU= 5 year

Good and very good PSU= 7-10 year

Hulk= 12+ year

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

If in question, check [H]ard|OCP at https://www.hardocp.com for the PSU review.

If they have tested it and it passed the tests, it's a good one.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 8 months later...

http://www.ninite.com

best multi-installer I have ever found,

No Add-Ons, your language, for install and update.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 4 weeks later...

filezilla--ftp client

https://filezilla-project.org/

Intel Burn Test: Quick Check of overclocking

Windows password recovery

https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/

quicktime alternative--allows playing of quicktime files

Shark007: Windows media player codecs covers all formats of video

https://shark007.net/advanced.html

Edited by gamenansor

• 8 months later...

Eyoyo S801H 8 Inch HDMI Monitor 1024x768 Resolution Display Portable 4:3 TFT LCD Mini HD Color Video Screen Support HDMI VGA BNC AV Ypbpr Input for PC CCTV Home Security with Mount

5c0509fbe932125071a372c9-large.jpg

I just received mine from China (!!!) today, ordered on 23rd of May for £56.38 including postage, no extra taxes.

It now seat vertically under my 22' but I haven't tested it yet, it looks good, even if you can't expect very strong plastic for this price, it's more than OK.

From Windows 10 settings, I can select it and tilt the image, so it can be used in landscape or portrait option.

As soon as I receive the cables for my graphic card and this mini-screen, I'll know what it is worth, the idea is to use it as a radar repeater without having to zoom in on it from the cockpit view.

My HOTAS has a dedicated 8-way hat with a click button (center) that I can use instead of the mouse, making entirely HOTAS targets selection and lock possible.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

• 3 months later...

Freezer 7 X

Compact Multi-Compatible CPU Cooler

https://www.arctic.ac/en/Freezer-7-X/ACFRE00077A

Works real well, silent and cool even in O.C.

Freezer_7_X_G00.png

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

• 2 weeks later...

• 8 months later...

This is the best Windows 10 Tweak guide I have ever used. I basically used everything in there except for the power plan, as I heard that it interferes with VR. Completely safe (no viruses or malware) however use at your own risk, these are still registry edits that might mess up your system. Set a restore point before starting out, follow the instructions closely, and remember to enable UAC once you've finished tweaking. 

credit goes to @dukovac for turning me onto this, it has let me regain some of my lost FPS due to Windows Patches and other completely unnecessary crap that Microsoft pollutes our Operating Systems with almost every patch it releases. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, Lurker said:

This is the best Windows 10 Tweak guide I have ever used. I basically used everything in there except for the power plan, as I heard that it interferes with VR. Completely safe (no viruses or malware) however use at your own risk, these are still registry edits that might mess up your system. Set a restore point before starting out, follow the instructions closely, and remember to enable UAC once you've finished tweaking. 

credit goes to @dukovac for turning me onto this, it has let me regain some of my lost FPS due to Windows Patches and other completely unnecessary crap that Microsoft pollutes our Operating Systems with almost every patch it releases. 

This works just fine.

I've been looking for a way to disable Windows Update Medical Service which is the trigger but couldn't, let's hope someone can castrate Windows 11 the same way because one thing for sure, Microsoft have been working very hard to force their updates into users...

Just that everyone understand, triggers such as this one reset everything related to it back to manual or auto, starts Windows updates download if you havent taken care of setting it up for asking you first, after which all "multimedia" apps collect your datas which are sent directly to Microsoft.

Thanks!

Edited by Thinder

• 2 months later...

If you really want to get a proper Win10 installer image, this is how you do it:

be warned, you will need access to a Server ( can be a trial 180-day lic ) and some time to get it done.

Prepare the Server with WDS:

Make your custom image, permanently banning Bloatware

Take your time....

Bit

P.S. even if you dont plan to do all this, it is very informtive and you can also refrain from using the decrapify script and just disbale all Questions MS asks you when you are installing....I recommend this to all users to get a better understanding what MS does with your PC.

Edited by BitMaster
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 9:13 AM, jossimon34 said:

I need your advice. I am an employee in  consulting structural engineers australia company. It needs an suitable PC for graphic designing work. So kindly suggest to me a best option for it.

An Intel system will be more suited to your kind of work, if you do CAD design, some cards are designed for the job (or at least were when I was messing about with CATIA and Fluent)...

9 Best Graphics Cards for AutoCAD in 2023 (January Update) Do try to cut corners withj them, they are not designed for overclocking, go for the one you really need in terms of performances and features.

You'll need a lot of RAM, at least 64Gb to 128GB, not necessarily the lowest latency (mostly for gaming) or highest frequency, if you use one of the actual generation processor, it will be limited to 3200 MHz, this will improve with the next generation with different sockets supporting DDR5 RAM kits.

Intel processors have the edge with multitreading and top speed, which is literaly what you need to go for in your line of work, the rest is a question of budget (motherboard, RAM, GPU, storage etc), one important thing: When you buy a RAM kit, make sure you buy the whole capacity all at once, the sticks are tested together, because mixing two different RAM kits, even from the same batch can result in failure to boot.

Large capacity Solid State Drives are faster than SATA by a margin but you also can fit a Solid State Drive SSD directly on your motherboard (make sure it supports it, hardware compatibiliy is a jungle and no seller is going to ask you what you really need, they will sell you what you ask for), my tip, better going for the largest capacity possible from the word go (2/4TB), you'll run out of storage space faster than you might think, especially if you use your PC for professional reasons.

To finish, Power supply is VERY important, you need a power suply that has the right standard, meaning the built quality to deliver the claimed power output at all time, other will not, they only give the maximum output as an indication but can failt to deliver or fail altogether, which leave you with no choice but to replace them, cheaper is never better.

Best Power Supplies 2023

Cooling, you need a reliable machine, so chose your case well for best cooling as possible, and service (clean filters, and internals) often to avoid issues, dust is conductive and can cause short cuts and even fires (saw it on one of mine when the dust cause a RAM stick to burn).

That's all I can tell you about it I hope it helps but do your home work and researches, you need to understand what you are doing, the best sources are the manufacturer technical support teams, they will gladly answer your questions, just make sure you ask the right ones.

I had the good idea to purchase Thrustmaster TM Flying Clamp and MonsterTech Joystick / HOTAS Table Mount.

Both are excellent built quality, relatively easy to assemble and mount I certainly don't regret my purchase.

The Joystick / HOTAS Table Mount in particular solve the problem of the Thrustamster Warthog stifness, my arm stays horizontal I even can rest my forearm on the armrest if I chose to, I have more room on my desk for anything I need, like putting a Pico4 controller where I can easily find it without looking at it etc.

Both recommended.

monstertech-table-mounts-2-black.jpg

Edited by Thinder

I already have one to allow me to fit my new GPU in my case, this leaves me with about 3mm space between the two, but I had to displace one of the fans which now sits at the bottom of the case, blowing upward through an opening, so I'm about to order another one.

It is 10mm thinner than your standard 120mm fan so if you have a similar problem of space, this could be the solution.

3139919-l-a.jpg

Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 120mm Beige/Brown Slim-line Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

• 1 month later...

Don't want Windows to install tons of garbage while logging in?

Here you go, I guaranty a 500Mbs (tested with Ookla) speed, turn off before logging off, turn on after logging in and cleaning your system.

Kill-Switch.jpg

Vegamax Power Button Kill Switch Shut Off for Ethernet Internet Network Cable Cord

• 3 weeks later...

Pump those calories OUT!

I figured it works after testing the two configurations back to back, a low pressure fan vs one of the two Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM I ordered, I installed it at the back of the case, it is a high airflow fan (102,1 m³/h) and does a very good job of replacing the previous fan which was good as well but low pressure for my previous 5600X/1080Ti system.

There was an hot spot behind the CPU fan with the RX 7900 XTX, since both it and the CPU generate tons of heat, if the rear fan creates a bottleneck, your system will stay hot.

The second one haven't been delivered yet but I will install it in the front/high position so as to aliment the case with more cool(er) air (right now also a low pressure Noctua).

If you have 120mm fans that is not doing their job, this will do.

nf_a12x25_44a.jpg

Today's test. Thermals under control: CPU; 4425 MHz 80°C, GPU; 2796MHz 83°C.

Test24-06.jpg

Edited by Thinder