[Request]Jester functionality : MLC filter

*Aquila*

The MLC automatically turns off when the radar has a positive elevation of at least 3 degrees. So just enter a slight dive after taking a shot and you’ll avoid the issue most of the time without a human RIO.

Heavy Fighter Elitist
AIM-120 Best Missiletm
AWG-9 Gaslighter
Diagnosed with terminal Skill Issue

6 hours ago, *Aquila* said:

MLC filter management is not useful only when something is locked. You also may turn it off in some situations in order to detect something.

And get some nice ground clutter and give jester a vHeart attack

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

C’mon, that’s a serious topic. Engineers didn’t create that 3-positions switch for RIOs to experience ground clutter and simmers to sneer. It’s the only answer to some of us unable to detect a KC-135 30 miles away flying at the same altitude as them...

• Like 1

If you’re really struggling that bad, I suggest learning proper intercept geometry. It’ll really help the radar out. It’s not complex in the Tomcat at all to learn intercept geometry at all. I mean, it’s an interceptor after all.

Heavy Fighter Elitist
AIM-120 Best Missiletm
AWG-9 Gaslighter

2 hours ago, Prez said:

If you’re really struggling that bad, I suggest learning proper intercept geometry. It’ll really help the radar out. It’s not complex in the Tomcat at all to learn intercept geometry at all. I mean, it’s an interceptor after all.

How the hell did a topic about the MLC filter management lead you to discuss the intercept geometry? You’re all answering my request as if we already had a proper contact to track, which is off the point. 

If you fly online without a human RIO, you can’t manage your MLC filter like you can in single player, from the rear cockpit. That’s why I posted that request. If you’re able to define an intercept geometry for a contact you know nothing about, it’s cool for me. But I prefer detecting it before. That’s why the MLC switch has 3 positions. And that’s why I’d like to be able to use them from the pilot’s seat.

13 minutes ago, *Aquila* said:

How the hell did a topic about the MLC filter management lead you to discuss the intercept geometry? You’re all answering my request as if we already had a proper contact to track, which is off the point. 

If you fly online without a human RIO, you can’t manage your MLC filter like you can in single player, from the rear cockpit. That’s why I posted that request. If you’re able to define an intercept geometry for a contact you know nothing about, it’s cool for me. But I prefer detecting it before. That’s why the MLC switch has 3 positions. And that’s why I’d like to be able to use them from the pilot’s seat.

Yep, fair enough.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, *Aquila* said:

Manually manipulating the MLC filter isn’t going to magically solve the issue you’re having. You still don’t have manual control over the radar like a human RIO would when in MP. Jester is going to struggle when you inevitably get ground returns. The thing already automatically disabled with a radar elevation angle of positive 3 degrees, so literally just enter a dive after firing. Intercept geometry isn’t hard in the tomcat, and it helps the radar because now you’re not trying to pick up contacts in your filters. 

Heavy Fighter Elitist
AIM-120 Best Missiletm
AWG-9 Gaslighter

On 12/31/2020 at 9:18 AM, *Aquila* said:

Engineers didn’t create that 3-positions switch for RIOs to experience ground clutter and simmers to sneer.

Yeah, for RIOs - not pilots to reach back or ask to move exact switches.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria