MH-53E Sea Dragon

Legioneod

Anyone else like the idea of having a MH-53E in DCS? I don't know why but it's my favorite Helo. I'd love to fly one in DCS since I'll probably never be able to do it irl. I know attack helicopters get all the attention but there's just something about these big helicopters that I really like.

EDIT: Not sure where else to post this so just posted it here. If I need to delete it or something just let me know.

EG76UWYMDJGJTMGECZPI3XKADM.jpg

a-us-navy-mh-53e-sea-dragon-helicopter-h

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

wow, amazing video. I would be definetely interested in getting those into DCS. All the logistic tasks, SAR, sling loading, air refueling and fire fighting - and even vehicle transport with this one - provide enough challenge to justify more than only attack helicopters.

• Like 2

Although I can say for sure that the mission of mine counter measures holds no interest for me whatsoever, the regular old CH-53E with refueling probe would be an absolute first day buy for me! As an old heavy lift helicopter pilot, I can tell you that there are two things in that role that are just universal; you never have enough power to lift what they want, and you never have enough fuel to take it as far as they need! 🤣

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Pave low please.

Terrain following radar, air to air refuelling and just enough heavy lift capability.

The Pave Low bad boy would tick all the boxes to make it desirable and distinctive in DCS.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the Pavelow model, either the H or J variant (if they could even swing it with how some of the penetrator systems are most likely classified). It's basically the American version of the Mi-8, except way better, and way cooler. The 53 would definitely make troop transport, especially behind enemy lines, much more exciting than the UH-1 (not saying I don't love the UH-1, but if they're going to have the OH-58 and AH-64, why not allow troop transport to be up-to-date as well?).

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, Legioneod said:

there's just something about these big helicopters that I really like

You're definitely not alone: I'd love to have it in DCS as well 😉

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset