LS-6 / GB-6 Alignment status

Falconeer

Hello, i bought the Jeff after trying it out this week and going through the weapons, but i'm struggling with these 2 bombs

in the manual and also in Chuck's guide, after you power on the bombs and press the CNTL button, you can see the alignment status of those bombs.

But i'm either blind or stupid, i simply can't get the timer to show. I'm seeing an airplane symbol with weapons carried, but no status 

What ami doing wrong? Or has it been changed to show somewhere else?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

When you first rearm and load any of the GPS guided weapons (e.g LS-6, GB-6) you need to turn on master arm then on the SMS page select the weapons and you’ll see the weapon symbol flash for a second once it has a box around it. This will start the alignment process. You don’t need to cycle through every pylon you just need to change weapon type once and it will align all weapons of that type. Then on the SMS page while a GPS guided weapon is selected you will see CNTL on the top left of the screen. Select that OSB and you will switch to another screen that will NOT have a diagram of the aircraft but will show coordinates and a grid of 6 box’s. On top of the grid is where you will see the timer count down for  the alignment.

25 minutes ago, Blinky.ben said:

Then on the SMS page while a GPS guided weapon is selected you will see CNTL on the top left of the screen. Select that OSB and you will switch to another screen that will NOT have a diagram of the aircraft but will show coordinates and a grid of 6 box’s. On top of the grid is where you will see the timer count down for  the alignment.

This is the part that is not happening on my end. If i press the OSB marked CNTL, it will still display the aircraft symbol, like you have in SMS page. I'm not getting the grid where it shows the count down timer and coordinates. i uploaded a screenshot to show. As you can see, the OSB CNTL is highlighted and yet i still shows the aircraft diagram.

I loaded 2 LS-6 bombs, let ground crew update DTC, insert DTC and load it, Master Arm on, select LS-6, wait for it to stop flashing and after that, press CNTL and nothing happens, except for the lower part of the SMS page changing

Screen_201230_225643.png

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

That countdown timer was moved to the AG Parameters page.

It is located on the Right MFD, bottom of the display when you are in AG Master Mode.

That page also contains coordinates of the selected SPI or PP target and other parameters for the selected weapon profile.

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found it, totally overlooked it

• F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

It just changed with one of the most recent patches. Im a long time flyer of the JF and even I missed it last night during a sortie. 😞 

Also, dont forget to turn HNS (button located on the UFC) on and set it to INS + GPS as drift is now modeled and will effect (affect?) the precision of the weapons.

TJ

On 12/31/2020 at 5:49 AM, Charly_Owl said:

You're correct, my procedure is out of date. I'm uploading a quick revision tonight for these two weapons.

hello chuck! i'm wondering if updating your Jf-17 guide with all the new stuff is your next project?